newbie regarding c3 Quest.

M

manny7699

Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum, although I have been poking around for a while, I have aquired the surefire 6p and the c3, My question is if I were to get an m2 and switch the bezel with the c3, aside from the differnt bulb would I have almost the same capablilty as the m3, also if I were to put the bezel of the c3 on the newly bought m2 would this kind of make it a c2. I hope I havent lost anyone, I eagerly await your responses gentelman

Thanks

Manuel

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
The M2 bezel goes well with the C3. You can buy the M2 bezel from Meridian Tactical. You can also add the second o-ring to the tail. The second o-ring is part number 19-01-077. It is not the same as the o-ring that is already on the tail. I have done this, and I call it my CM3.

If you put the M2 bezel and the second tail end o-ring on a C2, it becomes a virtual M2. The only difference is the etching on the body.

If you put the C3 bezel on an M2, it becomes a virtual C2, except that it will have the second o-ring on the tail end.

oldgrandpajack

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what I have to say. In terms of value for money, the C3 with an M2 bezel can't be beaten. Being an owner of an M3 and having a friend who owns a C3 with M2 bezel I have some opinions of mine to express.

The M3, due to it's slightly higher lumens rating puts out more light. It is not a very noticeable difference but if you do compare them side by side the M3's beam looks a tiny bit brighter. This is the lumens rating:

C3, P90 - 105 lumens, 60 mins
C3, P91 - 200 lumens, 20 mins

M3, MN10 - 125 lumens, 60 mins
M3, MN11 - 225 lumens, 20 mins

The slightly bigger reflector of the M3 also helps to put out more light. Although again the difference is not huge but you do get slightly more flood beam comparing LOLA to LOLA and HOLA to HOLA of both light. It is a better illumination tool as I don't have to sweep my hands around as much to see everything.

The C3 with M2 head is not that bad either. But I just prefer the M3. Honestly, I felt the C3's price is much more justifiable but in this crazy world of ours you sometimes pay a lot for a little bit of improvements.