Micra Not Regulated?

SJACKAL

Enlightened
I noticed that my Micra while still very bright, seems to have lost some throw, so I went to my usual flashlight testing spot and confirmed it. I then changed to a fresh battery and the Micra's back to its original power. Brightness seems to have dropped about 30% or so I reckon, I dont have anything to measure the output though, but the difference is obvious enough to notice.

Isn't it supposed to be regulated? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif

Or have the battery reach its limits and its on moonmode? If so, it's moonmode is incrediably bright. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

L

LITEmania

IMHO...

to make the current regulating possible, your Voltage input must be higher than some limitation. ( the maker only knows..)

you better ask George80 at http://www.taskled.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Also I'm curious because I have read similiar question ( rather review) on the regulation of Nuwai Q-III EDC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
Longbow claims the Micra has constant current regulation.

Maybe it only has partial regulation though?

I've used my Micra for about 1/2 hour, and I can't see any brightness change. However, it takes 2x dimming or so before the human eye can detect a change, so it is possible that my Micra is dimming too.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Update, I think its the battery that is at fault, it seems to last way shorter than the 1.5 hours, perhaps the provided battery I received is not a fresh one. I come to the stage that the battery is nearing the end of its life, the mentioned reduced brightness will diminish to the level like those 5mm leds, and when I turn it off and try to on it again, it wouldn't turn on but I have to allow the light to rest for a while then it would turn on. I think this a common observance with other Micra owners where their Micra won't power up immediately with low batteries.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
warren said:
IMHO...

to make the current regulating possible, your Voltage input must be higher than some limitation. ( the maker only knows..)

you better ask George80 at http://www.taskled.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Also I'm curious because I have read similiar question ( rather review) on the regulation of Nuwai Q-III EDC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

With the two QIII's that I purchased from Mark2, I did a little experiment with them last night. I've been using one of them far more than the other (...the other one I'm keeping unused in case I decide to sell it). I took the one that I'd been using the most (it had a little over an hour of run time) and compared it to the unused one with a fresh battery. The one with the hour run time was every bit as bright as the one with the fresh battery. I turned the fresh one off and let the used one run for another 30 minutes, then I compared it to the fresh one again. Once again, is was EVERY BIT as bright as the fresh one! I then turned the fresh one off again and let the used one run for another 30 minutes. When I compared the two this time, the used one appeared to be about 30% dimmer than the fresh one. I didn't notice any flickering in the used one, so I can't say for sure when it fell out of regulation. But according to my VERY UNSCIENTIFIC test, the QIII that I let run, ran for at least an hour and a half at what appeared to be full brightness. I don't have a light meter to confirm this, but the room I was testing it in was pitch black with white walls; and like I said, after about an hour and a half it was every bit as bright as the one with the fresh battery. YMMV...FYI.

PJD