Dealing with Lumileds/Luxeon

Streak

Enlightened
Since January I have been trying to do business with Lumileds.

I have been met with extremly poor service. Poor response to emails, no return phone calls, promise of samples which dont happen, no follow up even when requested. Email to management goes un-answered.

Is this company for real? Is this level of service normal for them or am I being unreasonable?

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's funny, I experienced the very same thing, not just from them, but also their retail afiliate Future Active. My feeling is that the current management doesn't have the capacity to run the company; they can't control quality, don't care, claim things like the 7000K white option listed on their own web site doesn't exist, and generally avoid answering any questions.

My advice is to order some samples from Mark Hanna Surplus (you have to pay for them), or just wait for the Nichia equilivant that's going to be released soon. I pretty sure Nichia won't treat customers this way.

Oh, and by the way, sell and Phillips or Agilent Technologies stock you may have before Lumileds becomes the next Enron.........

MrAl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

Everyone i talked too said the same thing.
Both companies are stranger then strange.
I had asked about the reason for the web
site claiming they had stock when they
really didnt, and got no reply, but when
i asked about placing a back order,
received an email the very next day.
Apparently they like telling you they
put one on back order for you.
March was the projected month to get 'em,
but havent heard anything yet.
To top it off, sometimes the Lumileds
web site changes a little, meaning sometimes
you can find the Star's and sometimes you cant.
Im beginning to wonder if this is a US gov
agency :)

Good luck with 'them' :)
Al

Streak

Enlightened
Goodness, if what you guys are saying is infact the case then are companies like Arc etc. who depend on Luxeons and other Lumiled products, able to produce any product!!

Having said this, I eventually received a reply from a more senior person at Lumileds not excusing the poor service but again promising samples soon.

We wait with baited breath!!

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lambda:

My advice is to order some samples from Mark Hanna Surplus (you have to pay for them), or just wait for the Nichia equilivant that's going to be released soon. I pretty sure Nichia won't treat customers this way.

Oh, and by the way, sell and Phillips or Agilent Technologies stock you may have before Lumileds becomes the next Enron.........
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just wondering why you didn't mention ARC Flashlights/Peter Gransee? He sells them cheaper than Hannah, and service is good, he returns emails immediately, and he went out of his way to be sure to supply us with them. You have to pay $16.50 from Future Active, $15 at Mark Hannah, and $14 from Peter.

Wayne www.elektrolumens.com
confused.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
One maufacture refered to Lumileds as a "hit and miss" situation. They were ready to give them a substantial opening order (10,000 pieces) but could only get a 100 day window of delivery.

It's got to be very hard for guys like Peter, to plan production for a product; its one thing to say the "month of June", but plus/minus three months... July, August, September..... place your bets
smile.gif

As a side note, theses guys are skipping the 1 watt LS all together , and their first entry will be the 5W LS 4q 2002 if they can get delivery
shocked.gif
shocked.gif