Surefire M4 or M6 ?

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Hi All,

After doing a search on cpf i've come up short, so I pose the question:

Which of these two lights should I get?

I already have a new style M3 (I plan to use the turbohead and the M3T bulbs with my M3 body as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) that runs on Holas...

I might also be considering the 10x, or another unmentioned MEGA bright light (My main priority is throw)... One concern of course is battery cost...

Recommendations please...

Thanks in advance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I vote for the M6.

The M6:
stays whiter longer
it's shorter

The M4:
you can add a clicky switch
you can use 2 Pila 168s batteries with M3T lamps,MN15/MN16 & N2
You can use 3 Pila 168S batteries with 2 A19 extensions and M4 lamps,MN60/MN61/N62

naromtap

Enlightened
I have never used an M4 but do own an M6 which I'm very happy with. The M6 has good throw & is the most powerful out of the two. You get a 250 lumen lamp assembly & a 500, 60mins & 20mins battery runtime respectivley. Takes 6 Lithium batteries so make sure you have a cheap supply!

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both. If you can afford the price difference of the M6, by all means get it. I run both of my M6's with the LOLA's, and they are very awesome little lights.

-Keith

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
M6! hands down the MN20 250 lumen lamp blows away the MN60 225 lumen lamp and after a few minutes of runtime it beats out the MN61 350 lumen lamp. Plus it is much whiter and stays nice and white much longer. I also like the feel in my hand much better.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Tough call, I like the M4 better because it fits my hands better than the M6. I run 3 168s w/ 2 A19's the most.
The M6 is truly impressive though it is whiter brighter just
a little to fat for my hands.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for the M6. Surprisingly small and astoundingly bright, if you have a good source of cheap batts go for the M6.

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
M6 is the hot wire king. I saw 1 on LOLA and it is the king of short powerfull lights. If you can aford near to $400 you should not worry about batteries. One of these days I want one between the LED and HID's I like but for sure its on the list. When I get one, I will be glad to trade a HOLA for s LOLA anytime

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

An Arc lamp is the Spark that takes away the Dark--HID Forever!

My Lights LightWar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
have an m6 and have tried an m4 at a dealer.
i like the feel of the m6 on my hand a lot better.
plus you have the option of 500 lumens should you choose to use it.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
I think the M6 makes it over the line by a country Mile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, afew questions:

1. Can you still buy new M6's without the new style aggressive bezel?

2. Does the M6 have a clickie tailcap option

3. How long does it take to do a battery change with the M6 (considering the battery magazine etc)

4. What's your favourite M6 holster

Size15's

Flashaholic
Answers:

1) I'm sure you can. I believe the current crenelated M6 comes in a box with a see-through slip cover (so you can tell if it has crenelations or not)

2) No. No clickie TailCap has been released for the M6.

3) Depends. Practice and experience help.

4) The only M6 pouch I have is the BlackHawk one so I don't have any experience of others to compare. I heard that the SOE M6 pouch has more adjustment.

Al

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey lightemup- I think oldgrandpajack has one sealed in box with old style bezel in B/S/T for a decent price.