Glad to have power once again

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
hurricane charley has vindicated my addiction. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
a big HA in the face of those who laughed at me for having too many flashlights.
anyways, i live in avon park florida and friday we got hit by hurricane charley, lost power right away and did not get it back til this morning.

just figured i'd post my experience.

here is a list of the flashlights i used and their uses:

friday night driving around surveying the damage around town. and surveing damage around the house.
(surefire M6 LOLA)
(vector 500,000 candlepower spot light)

every day lights used in by me and other members of the household.
(arc lsl with either cr123, or 2aa pack) navigating around the house, and reading light
(2aa mini mag with stippled reflector) navigating around the house, and reading light
(arc AA ) reading light
(surefire E1e) navigating around the house
(surefire L4) navigating around the house and looking for misc items (indoor search light)
(2D craftman light xenon bulb stippled reflector) area light flood for long life
(2D mag stipled reflector with everled) room light for long life and good output
(4D mag xenon) brighter room light and outside light.

p.s. one of my friends that lives in daytona beach also benefitted from my hobby.
his wife is a nurse and at a local hospital in wich the stairwells have no lights.
about one week earlier i had given him a surefire G2 and he was able to navigate his way on the dark stair well thanks to the great light output from the G2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Would love to hear anybody else's experiences as your power comes back on.

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
it also helps to have an ample supply of batteries for every flashlight type /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, your's is one experience I'd rather avoid when it comes to needing lights. You were well prepared.

It's good to hear that you and your family were able to ride out the storm.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you've got power already you're one of the very lucky ones! I was speaking to a friend of mine in Geneva today again, they won't get power back until Friday at the earliest. He's not a flashoholic, but may be from now on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Glad you're OK and that life is livable again now that you have power! Still I imagine that it's going to take a while to get everything cleaned up...

cool4light

Newly Enlightened
very glad to have power.
and yes i do consider myself lucky in the fact that it was only a few days without power. at first i was thinking more like a week or more, so it was a relief to come home and find power that soon.

also i'm slowly adjusting to the fact that i don't need to use flashlights to navigate around the house at night. oh never mind i used flashligts to navigate even when we had power. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif