LSH Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumitoid

Newly Enlightened
I have a LSH second that I use several times daily. Is there any way to make it a twisty instead of a knoll switch. It seams I have to clean the switch weekly. A twisty is more dependable. Has anyone done this.
Thanks Trent

cy

Flashaholic
simply use a 123 twisty tail pack. preferably the slim version 123 twisty.

All of the ARC LS tail pack will work with each other. Arc LS first run are slightly larger in diameter. an early 123 twisty would work but be larger in diameter.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is odd that the switch is requiring so much cleaning. The kroll switch has been used quite a bit in many flashlights and I think your experience is the exception. I don't see the twisty as an improvement but it may work for you. I just wouldn't give up on the kroll switch just yet.

Peter

CNC Dan

Enlightened
I add an anti-oxide goo to all the threads and the Kroll contacts to prevent flickering. You should be able to get some (a lifetime supply) at Home Despot. Look in the ecectrical dept. It is used for connections with aluminium wire.

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
JS Burly sell a non-turnkey twisty 123. They originally came from arc. If you go this route the anodizing on the threads and the neg batt post will need to be removed in order to work.

cheers

*Retired*
I just got the used tail end with the switch for an ARC LSH, and lone and behold, the switch measures anywhere from 2 to 3 ohms when clicked. Looks like it will need a rework/cleaning.

lumitoid

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your responses. Dan the anti oxide goo is a great idea. I have used it before in wiring but did not think of it.
Last night I took the switch off the light and soaked it in ammonia for about 30 minutes and it seems to be working fine. I will see how long it last.
Thanks Trent

lumitoid

Newly Enlightened
Email sent. Thanks Keith, very nice of you to do that.
Trent

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have three krolls that are flakey.
i think the cam inside is wearing out.
if i clean it and apply deoxit they are better for awhile.
these are subjected to dozens of cycles a day inspecting inside machines and such.
was cycle life ever tested?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems that the occasional Kroll will be more temperamental than usual. I've used many Krolls without problem but one of them requires frequent cleaning and, visually, it looks like it should be making good contact.

Are the newer metal threaded Krolls any better?

W4DIZ

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
It seems that the occasional Kroll will be more temperamental than usual. I've used many Krolls without problem but one of them requires frequent cleaning and, visually, it looks like it should be making good contact.

Are the newer metal threaded Krolls any better?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are refuring to the Kroll like switch that is on the Streamlight luxeon JR, I just tried it on one of my ARC packs and it does NOT fit.The Kroll wont fit the Steramlight either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Different threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.