Inova 24/7 deal

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wasnt sure where to post this, but it is one heck of a deal. $10 for an inova 24/7!

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3665065

I ordered it on friday, but left town on saturday. i came home tuesday, and the box was on my porch.

i can find nothing wrong with the light. it is very nice.

it came in the original packaging with a little lanyard and battery.

Bob

edited to fix goofed link!

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is an extremely good deal. I really like the flexibility of my 24/7, just don't ever remove the battery unless the light is in the "OFF" position, or you'll be in for a nasty surprise (as in the light won't work).

suppin

Newly Enlightened
Wow, thanks Pedalinbob! This is a great deal indeed! Gonna get it while the sale is still on. And thanks for the heads up sotto /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Thanks pedalinbob, it's like the Solutions deal revisited. I didn't get enough of them then, so I picked up a few more for presents this time around!

daloosh

Zephyr

Enlightened
Is this just an online deal? Or will the stores carry this same sale price? I might stop by my nearest Frys store later...This is indeed an awesome deal!

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Well, a couple of quick phone calls and I placed an order. Five total with 2nd day shipping (only $1.50 more than ground) for just under $60!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I had to pay with a credit card though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

I am giving three of these for gifts, and my dad bought two for flying. He said he had seen these in a flying catalog for $60 each!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif He also said that he looked at one at a store a couple of weeks ago and almost bought one for $40!

Thanks for finding this great deal Bob!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif Four for the price of one, can't beat that!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
i keep playing, er, uh, testing mine, and still havent found anything wrong with it.

switch seems fine. bat cover seems fine. light is bright, broad and very smooth. all functions are present.

a very useful little light.

mine makes 57 lux on high, and 3-5 lux on low--perfect for reading in the dark.
the red as crazy bright, and very smooth.
the flashing modes could be useful.

oh, and inova really did their homework. i notice that the switching is logical: rotate clockwise = low beam, then high beam. rotate counterclock = red.

this makes sense to me. i believe that a light should start out DIM, to prevent goofing up night vision or waking people up.

Bob

paulr

Flashaholic
Thanks Bob. Deal is online only, $9.90 each. Interestingly, the blurb says ground shipping starts at $4.83 but it actually showed up as something like $6.91 when I tried to order one unit. I bumped the order to 2 units to spread the shipping cost out and the shipping cost went up to $8.34. With tax the order came to just under $30 total, or $15 each. If I sell the extra one on BST, I'll have to spend maybe $3 shipping it and another $1 on Paypal fees. So I'll have to charge close to $20 just to break even on the $9.90 light. It sounds pretty bogus but that's how the math works out.

M

MeridianTactical

The "Dont change the Battery while on" issue has been fixed.. it has been for about a year. So the newer ones are not affected.

Yup, sweet deal... Bought Lots myself!!!!!

Chris

marcspar

Enlightened
Thanks Bob,

I just got three with tax and 2 day shipping for $40.

All the best,

Marc

electronics4life

Newly Enlightened
Ordered 4. I am going camping labor day weekend with my 3 nephews. My 3 nephews are aspiring flashaholics. Oh, and I need one for me self to play with too. LOL

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nikon said:
My only complaint about this light is that it doesn't have a lower setting for red. I'd gladly give up one of the flashing modes for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i noticed that as well.

the red is BRIGHT! i would trade the red/yellow "dim/fade" setting for a dim red mode.

still a sweetheart, though.

i missed the last bargain, so this was a real gem.

Bob

M

MeridianTactical

Just got this

Thank you for your order J624xxxxxx.

Please note that the item(s) listed below have been removed from your order per your request to Customer Service or because the item is no longer available from the manufacturer.

I didn't cancel it... Anyone else get this?

marcspar

Enlightened
I just got it also! When I ordered, they were in stock according to the webpage.......

Oh well! Anyone want to sell an extra?

Marc

paulr

Flashaholic
Hmm, I got an email confirmation and no cancellation (yet). I placed my order pretty early this morning, so maybe they ran out earlier in the day. I guess I should have ordered 3 for $40 instead of two for $30. I hestitated to even order two, but I knew I could unload the extra one.

Countycomm sells a red version of this light for $30. I played with one and it's very well built.