Lambda Illuminator (Brinkmann flashlight)

kd7kmp

Newly Enlightened
The tail cap switch on my Lambda Illunimator has stopped working. I need a new one. I have emailed Brinkmann several times but never get a response. Do I have any other recourse? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif Thanks.

Kevin

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
My normal Brinkmann has a gimpy switch also. The white plastic bit that holds the spring in place gets smashed back into the switch body and then it doesn't operate correctly. I just pop it back out (it snaps in place) and it works fine.

Mine has an Opalec installed. I did not want to clip the studs off the Opalec module so I installed a Mini Mag lamp assembly in the head. It is slightly longer than the stock Brinkmann and I assume modules are also. That places more pressure on the spring in the tail. I filed off one ring of the spring and the switch failure is less often.

Brinkmann tailswitches are really flaky. I wonder if a tap for a Kroll type clickie would allow one to fit or would it gloriously cross thread the whole shebang.

Maximum

Enlightened
I also emailed Brinkmann at least ten times for the same issue without a single reply.
I contacted Lambda and he solved my problem fast as lightning.
This really impressed me.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have found that alot of times it just needs to be tightened. by that i mean, take off the tailcap, turn it over and with your fingers twist the white plastic/spring piece counter-clockwise to tighten, then put tailcap back on to see if that helps.

Toaster

Enlightened
I've broken the switch twice on my Lambda Illumintator. First time I had a replacement shipped out from Brinkmann. Second time I just bought another Legend 2AA from REI and swapped out the switch. Both times I've sheared the white plastic column. I guess they don't stand up well to frequent use.

Krit

Enlightened
I use kroll switch and make some modify, remove 1/2 screw.
I think it is easy use than original switch.
2179-28.jpg