Tl 2 or NF2

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
When i look at the different posts i see that alot of people list the TL2 as one of their lights. I was looking at getting the NF 2. Are there big differences between the 2. Should i consider another light.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Same bulb I think. NF2 has a ring around it and a clip you can take off if you want, body style is different but they should be the same lumens and throw sort of A same thing only different.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a TL-2, because I'd read in a couple places that the NF-2's knurling isn't deep enough to give you a good grip if you remove the grip ring.

Joe

Topper

Flashaholic*
Joe, you are correct about the knurling on the NF-2 they should have not bothered if they were not going to make it deep enough to work.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
You WON'T drop the TL-2, its blocky "knurling" gives you a superb no slip grip.

My favorite 2/123 light, I own several. The spare bulb in the light is a wonderful thing. It also doesn't cost $$$ like you-know-who.

paulr

Flashaholic
Both are nice lights, the NF2 is more "tactical". For general usage these days (if frequent), I'd get the Strion.

BrightFlashlites

Newly Enlightened
If it's for regular carry the TL-2 is the way to go. The pocket clip of the TL-2 works MUCH better than the NF-2 design.