5 MW GREEN LASER..?

mastertop

Newly Enlightened
So to see de beam without a perfect darkness do I need to have more than 5mw?? Nobody have a 5 mw green laser and would like to make a pic for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ?

GordyF

Newly Enlightened
I have a 5 mW stock leadlight, and can see the beam in a shaded (curtains drawn) room if I look very closely for it, or am directly behind the laser. In darkness it is much easier to see, but it still helps to be near the laser (the closer you are to being directly behind the laser, the more scattered light you seem to see). My 5mW laser is more than bright enough to have fun with - looking at the dot on a white wall causes spots in my vision, and is visible from quite far away at night.

abeland1

Enlightened
Those were taken by one of my very first customers for a 5mW Leadlight. He was so happy with it he sent the pictures and said that I could use them. No tricks with shutter speeds and there was plenty of ambient light around. I decided to use only those pictures in my auctions and web site. Taking my own would have put more temptation in my way than I want. Randy is just south of Atlanta so the humidity is pretty high and that makes quite a difference. I'm glad that I decided not to do any other pictures. I have sold thousands of these since then and no one has complained that they did not live up to the pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

badhorsey

Newly Enlightened
I posted a couple of pics of an unmodded 5mw in another thread, if that's any help.

Myx

Newly Enlightened
I had an unmodified LightVision 5mW. It was pretty bad.... You did get a beam effect, but it was very faint. I sent it back though, as I was so disatisfied with it - I assumed it must have been faulty or not putting out anywhere near 5mW's....

LASERSforLIFE

Newly Enlightened
i have a z-bolt MOD-2 and it works great...heres a beam shot out my front door...
65486370.jpg

of course...the beam is much more visible when you are on the receiving end...or if you are the one holding the laser...

haha decided to have some fun here in a fogged up room...
65486291.jpg