Is this a test? A survey? or just some dumb...

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened
...questions from a newcomer?

All of these questions pertain solely, of course, to LED lights.

Objective Questions

OB1) What is the brightest, stock, production light using a single, standard, lithium, 123?

OB2) What is the absolute smallest 123 light of any brightness?

OB3) What is the brightest, custom made, single 123 light?

Opinion Questions

EHO1) Name the manufacturer of a production light who you think has, overall, the best finish? (regardless of other factors)

EHO2) Name the manufacturer of a production light who you think is, overall, the most durable? (regardless of other factors)

EHO3) Name the manufacturer of a production light who you think is, overall, the most innovative from a pure design persepctive? (regardless of other factors)

Thanks very much. And no, I don't work for a light manufacturer or some cheesy marketing firm (anymore and that was in another industry anyway). I'm just curious to see what the overall perceptions are and if they match some of my, possbily very naive, ones.

Thanks again.

-russell

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
OB1)not sure...If you are talking production single 123 I think it is the ARC4.
OB2)Larry Black's 123 custom light
OB3)VIP
EH01)Surefire and ARC...except for the striped ones. Now is TNN a custom or production maker???
EH02)Pila
EH03)tough question. Surefire for the U2 and ARC for the ARC4

PAtwood

Newly Enlightened
Doug Speck's Firefly 2 is darned small. The brightest custom single cell l23 light I have is a Jets22 Brass bodied Blackbird aka the Goldbird.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Re: Is this a test? A survey? or just some dumb.

Hey John,

Knock it off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (I can blow my own horn when I want to! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just happen to have a 123- "scaled-up" CR2 II, with cut-down SO17XA reflector and canwich- still need to finish machining the ring recess.) You'll see it in Cambria. (.750" dia X 2.50" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Re: Is this a test? A survey? or just some dumb.

OB1 Nuwai Quantum-III - 3W emitter driven a bit below 700mA
OB3 Another vote for the VIP

I've never owned or used an ARC4, but I'm not impressed with the UI or shape of the light.

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
iceweasel said:
...questions from a newcomer?

All of these questions pertain solely, of course, to LED lights.

Objective Questions

OB1) What is the brightest, stock, production light using a single, standard, lithium, 123?

OB2) What is the absolute smallest 123 light of any brightness?

OB3) What is the brightest, custom made, single 123 light?

-russell

[/ QUOTE ]
Just what do you mean by brightness? You may be surprised that there is no agreement on what this means: Brightness?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

iceweasel

Newly Enlightened
Defining \"brightness\"

A question like is begging for some kind of smart *** answer that I will avoid. No matter how much it calls to me.

How do I mean brightness? Well, how about one light makes more light than another?

If it turns out that the two brightest lights are so close we need to split that hair in another direction, so be it. But nonetheless, I'm sure there's a simple response.

But what do I know?