MICRA DEFECT?????HELP!!!

pizzajoe62

Newly Enlightened
about 3 weeks ago, my brother bought a MICRA 2210S from MERIDIAN TACTICAL.
last night he used it to clean out his unlit store room.
the MICRA was initially kept on for about 10-15 minutes straight then was switch off for a moment.
when he switch it back on....NO LIGHT!!!
a couple more tries but to no avail.
so cooled the light for several minutes more then it came on.
obviously, there is something wrong & abnormal with it.
any good functioning light should turn on the instant you switch it on, right?????

has any MICRA owner experienced something like this???
as far as i can recall, the only warning i can think of that LONGBOW has on it, is the HOT sign on the bezel, don't remember any caution on prolong use.
i have notified LONGBOW about this, they have yet to reply.

i'll appreciate any comments or suggestions that could shed some "LIGHT" on the matter.
thanks,

joe

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
probably a deadish battery
my micra refuses to come on unless it has had a few minutes rest when the battery is stuffed
try a new battery and cleaning all the threads, relubing the orings and making sure everything is tight

chrisse242

Enlightened
The battery might be nearly depleted. Not enough power to turn on the light directly after it has been used, but after some minutes the cell might have recovered. Did your Brother try another battery? How long did the light stay on after recovering?

Chrisse

03lab

Enlightened
I has happend to me and it freaked me out too. I think the Micra won't turn on when the battery is below a certain voltage (i.e. nearly dead).

[edit] too slow posting ... Echo63 and chrisse242 already pretty much said that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Many flashlights that use regulator or step-up circuitry will not turn back on when the battery voltage is too low.
If you turn them off in such a state, they will not come back on until the battery voltage reaches a certain level.

pizzajoe62

Newly Enlightened
thank you all.

there seem to be a common concensus...weak batt.
it might be it but he actually was able to use the same batt again for a good 15 minutes more then the same thing happened again.
after about a 5 minute rest the light came on once more.

i thought a battery is good for 1.5 hrs total use.
at what point in time this "MOMENTARY DEATH" is expected???

he will put in a fresh battery & give a test...i'll post the results as soon as i get it.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
pizzajoe62 said:...at what point in time this "MOMENTARY DEATH" is expected???...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never had it happen without a visual indication that the light has gotten dimmer.

chrisse242

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
pizzajoe62 said:
it might be it but he actually was able to use the same batt again for a good 15 minutes more then the same thing happened again.
after about a 5 minute rest the light came on once more.

[/ QUOTE ]

What lux luthor said! Did it come back on at full power? If that is the case something could be wrong with the light. If the same thing happens with a fresh cell I'd definitly send it back.

Chrisse

pizzajoe62

Newly Enlightened
LONGBOW has replied to my complaint.
they are suggesting the same thing chrisse did, to test it with a fresh cell.
if the same thing happens again, my brother has to send them the module and they will take of the problem.
LONGBOW's concern is reassuring to say the least.

pizzajoe62

Newly Enlightened
just an update...my brother did the test w/ a fresh cell.
it is now back to normal.
what happened was exactly what is being dicussed in the post by jayflash "SUDDEN CELL DEATH...".
so it was a batt issue really.
thank you all again.