Pelican HeadsUp 2630 1 W LED

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
UNTITLED2.jpg

"...This next generation headlight ensures peak performance with cutting edge features such as an LED battery power indicator and a switch that allows for 100%, 50%, 25%, light regulation (for close quarter dimming and battery economy) as well as an intermittent safety beacon mode. Additionally, the 2630 regulates its 30 lumen (at its peak), long-life, Luxeon® 1 watt LED lamp with an energy adjustment circuit that ensures consistent, brilliant, light throughout battery life...." Uses 3 AA cells

thomasnet.com
Pelican Canada

vtunderground

Enlightened
Looks interesting... I'd like to know more about this headlamp (waterproofness, beam quality, lithium compatability... oh yeah, and price).

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOmeone else also mentioned on another thread that PT is also coming out with a single Luxeon, running on 2AAs or 3AAAs i can't remember. Supposedly has selectable brightness as well. Looks like the headlamp manufacturers may be headed in the single Lux, variable brighness market now!!
Thanks for the info Photon!

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
And no AAAs, with their limited life.

I've been in the market for just this light.

I didn't see a suggested retail, anybody got that info ?

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
www.pelican.com seems to be not working for a while now. Only person now I can think of who might be able to check with Pelican for us is Kevin (Batterystation)!! Kevin, you checking in here? Would you mind doing the honours please? TIA! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Batterystation!! Re: Pelican HeadsUp 2630 1 W LED

Kevin, just wondering if you have any sources from the 'horses mouth' on this light?

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu

It's strange that thomasnet.com (formerly industrialnewsroom.com) gets the news on these lights, but no info is available on Pelican's home page. ? ? ? ? Based on memory, this appears to compete with the Photon Fusion head lamp from LRI. Much to like, since it uses AA cells, everybody's favorite for economy.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually, as long as they didn't goof on anything silly (like not taking lithium batteries or having awful beampattern), this should one up the Yukon HL.

After all this gives you three levels (and I think 3 levels is about perfect) instead of two AND it actually uses reduced power on the lower levels. The Yukon "low" mode isn't.

I like my Yukons, but I'm thinking this really fits the bill for a reasonable cost work all-purpose light.

-john

455369.jpg

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif For some strange reason, I think its just me who is unable to get onto the pelican site at www.pelican.com, nor the linke that John provided above. I know I used to be able to get on, but somehow now it just doesn't let me in. I just get a "Page cannot be displayed" error. Anyone know why?

SunSlinger

Newly Enlightened
Great light !
It's like having an Elektrolumens Blaster Jr. on your head.
My Canadian Search and Rescue buddy wants one but we can't find any pricing. Hopefully, as already mentioned, the light will work ok with Lithium batteries. That's a Must in the SAR business.

stringj

Newly Enlightened
I bought one for $34.95 at a gun shop in Jackson, Mississippi. It is a good light and I do believe their runtime claims. It is slightly brighter than my Yukon HL. The Yukon has a warmer tint to it than the Pelican. The Pelican has, what almost everyone besides myself likes, a bluish tint to it. It appears to be a well-made light with a positive-closing battery compartment.

Jerry

stringj

Newly Enlightened
I can compare it to the Yukon HL. The Pelican has a larger hotspot that the Yukon and the very center of its hotspot is very bright indeed. In other words, the Yukon's hotspot is very consistent from center to edge where the Pelican's has a very small spot of brilliant light falling off to a more consistent surrounding hotspot. When shining both lights at tree tops, the Pelican illuminates more of the tree as well as being brighter in the very center. I hope this is of some help.

Jerry