la police gear?

MXDan

Newly Enlightened
I have ordered from them a couple of times. Shipping was prompt and e-mails were responded to the same day, or next, if it was in the evening. They even gave me their old, old price on an SF M6 I had ordered but had been out of stock.

MXDan

Threepio

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Luminox watch at the beginning of the year, they had the best price at that time. The transaction went without a hitch, and I'm happy with the watch. I'd buy from them again. --Bob

Frangible

Enlightened
I bought a Luminox watch for them, it was a successful transaction. I thought the name was corny, but then, the people who started it are former LA police, so I guess it works.

GoldenLoki

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered from them a few times. They were usually out of stock on something in my order. Otherwise they were OK.

GL

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered several SureFire lights from them over the last few years, but I won't be ordering from them again. Ever. I tried to place an order for several flashlights, a knife, and two Casio watches a month or two ago. They had a promotion for 30% off Casio watches, and I applied it to the order in the "promotions/coupons" box. The discount was applied to the order. Within 24 hours I received an email accusing me of trying to cheat them by applying the Casio discount to the entire order. It was their ordering system that screwed up, yet they cancelled my order, and accused me of trying to defraud them. I replied back to them explaining my situation, they never responded. It would have been a $300+ order.

Looking back at the Surefire lights and other products I've ordered from them, I really didn't save much money. They inflate their shipping and handling charges so much that at most I saved only a couple of dollars in most cases. From now on, most of my flashlight purchases will come from vendors I can trust, that support CPF. IMO, LA Policegear sucks.

-Keith