URGENT Help needed!!!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Somehow (which I can't wrap my brain around) one of my Pens got into the dryer. It got ink on several clothing items (a few which COULD have gotten me shot!).

Anyhow, the back wall of the dryer is steel. The stuff came right off that. But the drum itself has a plastic feel. And I can't seem to touch it on there. The paddles are shiny plastic, and it came off them fine.

If I can't get it out, we will have to trash it and buy a new one (a budget item that has NOT been cleared!).

What can I do??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif help: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rubbing alcohol dissolves ball point pen ink. Use it on a clean cloth or cotton balls.

Found this tidbit in one of those cleaning books and it's saved several of my shirts.

Empath

Flashaholic
A Google search has a lot of listings for the problem. I checked some of them, and they offer some procedures that may be as important as what agent you use.

LightChucker

Enlightened
We have used lighter fluid for this with success (also known as naptha).

Try bleach.

If all else fails to remove the stain, you could just order replacement parts. That would be cheeper than replacing the whole machine.

Chuck

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Believe it or not, some times the same ink will take it off. Rub the pen on it a little bit, then quickly wipe. NO guarantees, try it on something else first. Or, maybe acetone, but be really careful it might eat through coatings or plastic. And be sure to clean that out real good so you don't start a fire.

If you cannot get it out, run a few loads of heavy darks through it ..... jeans, towels, throw rugs, etc or even just rags. Probably be ok after that.

Mike

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would try orange hand cleaner / Gojo type stuff first.
Last resort would be Goof Off. Stuff Is potent, but works. You will have to clean the dryer very well after using the stuff 'cause it is highly flammable.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the same thing once. Cleaned as much off as I could using regular cleaner then washed all my towels and ran them through the dryer several times and they wore off what was left.

cannon50

Newly Enlightened
Another product used on cleaning tough stains from plastics is Brasso metal cleaner. You get a fairly safe solvent base with very mild abrassives.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
be careful, if it is plastic, some chemicals dissolve plastic. Alcohol should work fine but lighter fluid may harm it. Acetone will get it off but is generally harmful to plastic.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
A test will be run soon.

What I did, was use a t-shirt soaked in the Industrial Soap we sell and dryed it. Then I did it again.

It looked pretty good to me, but it gets the white towel test pretty soon.