Nuwai 3 Watt 303TX ?

ugrey

Enlightened
Who has one of these? Do they really produce 75 Lumens as claimed? They do not seem to be regulated, but go for 1 hour 40 minutes to 50%. They use one 123 lithium battery and are 3.7 inches long by a 1 inch diameter their cost is about $50. Craig's site has a review. Thanks Craig. Pending some good comments, I may have found a new EDC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

nexro

Enlightened
Not even close to 75 lumens I would say. Comparing it to my L4 (65 lumens), I would say the Nuwai 3W is around 35 - 40 lumens perhaps. This is only a rough estimate (very rough in fact /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

Not sure about regulation though.

Barcelona

Newly Enlightened
It is not regulated (as the manufacturer said to me). It is VERY FAR from 75LUmens (also compared with a L4). It must be about 45 to 50 Lumens. It is quite small and there is so much light in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The construction quality is more than OK but it is far from being a Surefire or an ARC product. But if you are looking for an samll led flashlight which has a very good output (in relation to its size) then this Nuwai QIII is your light; DON'T FORGET that it costs only 30% of the price of any surefire or ARC of its size !!!!

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig's got a review on this, which you've already found. Since I picked it up, I've been using this for an EDC because of its size and relative brightness and throw - I can usually do 100 feet with this in a dark area, and it's very bloody small. To judge by how it behaves on 4.2V rechargable Lithium-Ion 123 cells, it seems to be a direct-drive light, an observation that seems to be confirmed by the runtime chart on Craig's sight. I'd say this is around 50 lumens as well, though you may get a bit more if you use the higher-voltage 4.2v r123's that JSBurly's or 4sevens have and had, respectively.

The main thing going for it is size and price, along with acceptable build quality. With a more powerful emitter (TW0K), it'll probably do the 75 lumens that the Luxeon 3W is capable of, especially with a polished reflector and the r123's with their higher voltage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif