FLASHED BY GOODYEAR BLIMP!!!!

photon555

Newly Enlightened
If this is not the right forum please forgive me and move it, but it does have to do with led lights.

A few minutes ago my wife called me out to the deck very excitedly. The Goodyear blimp was passing almost directly overhead. As usual at night I had my VIP with Bulkhead in my pocket, so I took it out, turned it on high and began shining and flashing it at the blimp on impulse. We live in Frederick, MD and I expected it to continue on it's southern course. Instead, it turned left and began to circle our neighborhood. Of course, this called for more firepower, so I quickly ran to the bedroom and grabbed my custom HyperLux V with Al reflector, "T" binned L3 and DB1000. By this time the blimp was completing a circle over our neighborhood so I went out the front door and began flashing the big boy at them. The city of Frederick has streetlights everywhere (which is a big PITA for a flashaholic and budding astronomer) so I didn't really expect anything. But then the flyboys turned on their light and began shining it around like they were looking for something. When I began flashing again they aimed their light my way and even flashed it several times. Once again they circled our our house and on the back deck again we exchanged salutes while my wife stood by bemused. I waved but couldn't get her to join in the fun.

Anybody know how to get in touch with these guys and say hi?

Jim

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: FLASHED BY GOODlolYEAR BLIMP!!!!

lol i saw it a lot when i lived in fla.i liked it very cool aint it?i belive it was staned in pompano but i forget

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering what's happening in the world ..... they may have thought you were trying to shoot at it or something before they saw you wave at them. Nice they waved back and didn't call the FBI or something.

Mike

batterystation

Enlightened
Sounds like you DID get in touch with them. I see another "You know you're a flashaholic when...." post coming up. Good show! Reminds me of last month when the BNSF railroad had a track washout here next to our property. They scrambled all night to get it fixed so trains could resume. We took them coffee about midnight and someone says "Hey Tom let me borrow your light." At this point, I say "That's not a light, this is a light" and hand him a Tek-Tite Excursion LS4. He says WOW.