What about the CC Trek Lites?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey all,

I have read about the Trek Lites and Cabelas also sells the same lights only cheaper. I am not very familiar with these LED lights.
Can someone tell me what the 14 LED light would be like compared to say a 3 D Mag-lite. Would the LED be brighter? What about the beam on the LED? Tell me about the 14 and 19 LED lights when it comes to beam and brightness. Would they be good for use in a hunting situation where you may have to spot a downed deer at say 50 yards?

Thanks for the help.

Nala

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nalapombu:
Hey all,

I have read about the Trek Lites and Cabelas also sells the same lights only cheaper. I am not very familiar with these LED lights.
Can someone tell me what the 14 LED light would be like compared to say a 3 D Mag-lite. Would the LED be brighter? What about the beam on the LED? Tell me about the 14 and 19 LED lights when it comes to beam and brightness. Would they be good for use in a hunting situation where you may have to spot a downed deer at say 50 yards?

Thanks for the help.

Nala
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nala,

The Treklite 1400 is my favorite large LED light. It will illuminate a broad swath with more than adequate brightness up to 15-20 feet or more and is considerably smaller, lighter and brighter than its nearest competitor, the LW 3000. However the 3000 has a slightly longer runtime. The LW 4000 has extraordinary runtime but is very big and heavy.

At this point in their evolution LED's are not long throw lights (though Lambda seems to have something up his sleeve), and you will need an incandescent for spotting while hunting.

Most flashaholics travel with at least two lights and have an assortment from which they will choose the most appropriate lights for a particular purpose. There are quite a few lights to choose from and the more specifically you can state your requirements in terms of brightness, throw (which you mentioned), size, weight, runtime, waterproofness, price etc, the more we can help you..

Brightnorm