Where to get O-rings/Foam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
I know there's talk of making service avaiable for arc's, but where can we get replacement O-rings for the AAA, and the little foam pads when they need replacement? I'm sure you could find an o-ring at an auto parts store, but anyone know where to get one that's a little more....exotic?

pryan

Newly Enlightened
I would also like to know where to find o-rings for the AAA, AA, LSL, LSH and the Arc4+ rev2.

jtice

Flashaholic
hm, good timming guys

I need a source for the rubber orings for Arc LS, Mclux, and SF E series packs BAD !!!!!
Or at least, what exact size/model they are, so I can order some.

I also need the orings for the lens/head seal.

Thanks

-John

P.S. did mean to hyjack the thread.

JackBlades

Enlightened
Flashlight O-rings

ARC LSH-P
#018 3/4" x 7/8" x 1/16" STD Tailcap

ARC-AAA LE
#011 5/16" x 7/16" x 1/16" STD Bezel

X5T
#017 13/16" x 11/16" x 1/16" STD
#115 7/8" x 11/16" x 3/32" Oversize

E2e
#018 3/4" x 7/8" x 1/16" STD Bezel
#015 11/16" x 9/16" x 1/16" STD Tailcap

M3
#024 1.125" x 1.250" x 1/16" STD Bezel
#018 3/4" x 7/8" x 1/16" STD Tailcap

UltraStinger
#028 1.375" x 1.500" x 1/16" Std Bezel

d'mo

Enlightened
I've found the #011s won't fit Arc AAA heads correctly. The closest size is metric 9mm ID x 1.5mm thickness. I've got some on order....

cy

Flashaholic
Dr. schultz corn pads, size small works great for ARC LS and firefly. they are made of the same elastic material as original, only a different color/density.

Arc AAA sized pads are a problem. I've purchase some large corn pads to try to punch some out. Larry posted a how make a custom punch earlier.

There was an earlier post on where to buy O-rings. any know where that link is?

I am offering service for dropped ARC4 switches. Please PM if needed.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The material used is called Poron. We bought it from an aerospace manufacturer. It is also used in Dr. Scholls foot pads and for shock insulating satellites.

I wasn't able to save any drawings of the poron parts for any of the lights. They are defined by their OD, ID, thickness and density. They can be duplicated by measuring the existing part, finding some suitable material and then cutting it to match.

Peter

jtice

Flashaholic
Thanks for all the great info there guys.

I need one more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

What is the size of the oring seal for the lens/head ?
Or at least a size of one that will work in its place.

Thanks,

P.S. isnt there a thread somewhere about Arc threading?
I would also really like to know all the thread sises.
Will things like that be posted Peter?

-John

vj

Newly Enlightened
Meant to ask this question 5 months ago, anyway here I go on the last day:

The O-ring on Arc AA is, in my opinion, a little too large to allow for convenient one-handed operation. (This comment is based on experience with just 2 units, so my observation may not be universally true regarding Arc AA's). I'd personally have sacrificed a little bit of water-resistance depth rating in exchange for easier head-turning. I have been looking around for an alternate O-ring, but couldn't find a thinner one. I guess good O-rings only come in certain standard sizes.

I'd like to know if anyone else had the same concern as mine, or, was able to find a thinner O-ring that facilitates easier head-turning. Is it a good idea to file away some rubber off the existing O-ring?

Thanks in advance.

[PS. Before anyone suspects this, the threads in my Arc AAs are perfectly good & clean, and the foam is good too. It really is the O-ring that's a little too fat. I have tried Arc's replacement O-rings to no avail.]

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
Could we get the exact size or number of the O-rings before closing? My AAA sat in oil for weeks and didn't leak a drop, I want the same level of protection!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The body o-ring on the Arc-AA has always been a bit tight. We compensated for some of this by cutting the channel deeper. The problem was caused by the o-ring swelling up when the part is anodized. If you replace the o-ring with the same size, it should work better because it is not swollen.

I am getting the o-rings sizes together.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.