Runtime on my Mag 2C mod w/3x123/KPR112

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont want to run these expensive batteries down just to find out, so...

Has anyone determined the runtime on a 2C Maglite modded with 3x123 batteries and a KPR112 6v bulb? I just built it and the batteries were a little costly. I just ordered some from surefire but until they come, I had to use some from walgreens.

TIA.

davidra

Enlightened
Don't want to hijack the thread, but I'm still trying to find out about the bulb options for this mod. I know there's an Ikelite bulb, a G24 from the UK, and the KPR112. The last one blows after short periods of time. Has anyone compared these with regard to bulb survival and output?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
xpitxbullx said:
I dont want to run these expensive batteries down just to find out, so...

Has anyone determined the runtime on a 2C Maglite modded with 3x123 batteries and a KPR112 6v bulb? I just built it and the batteries were a little costly. I just ordered some from surefire but until they come, I had to use some from walgreens.

TIA.

[/ QUOTE ]

*** Text Deleted ***

Anyway, I run this configuration all the time. Usually, it's for short bursts of 30-60 seconds each. I can't remember the last time I replaced either the cells or bulb. I have never actually performed an official runtime test in this configuration.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience is that the GH24 has the best beam and the brightest output. I haven't blown one of these bulbs yet but the batteries get used up quicker. The Maglite Mag-Num Xenon 5-cell bulb is also a good buy.