ARC LSHF-P runtime on 2AA NiMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

X33

Enlightened
Just did a run time test on my ARC LSHF-P with my new Ansmann 2200mAh NiMH AA rechargeables in the 2AA TSP tail pack. It gave 3 hours of constant bright light in SUN mode before dropping down to MOON mode and running for another 2 hours 20mins before I stopped the test. The FAQ says its got a auto cut-off to protect rechargeables but I didn't want to risk the new cells.

X33

Enlightened
At the end it was pretty dim but probably would have been enough to navigate in complete darkness. I wonder about these LuxIII mods as well. Would be a deciding factor to an extent if one pops up on BST. Maybe someone could enlighten us.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has nothing to do with Lux III vs. Lux I, it has to do with the forward voltage of the LED. The lower the better; H is better than J, which is better than K, etc. The more efficient the LED, the longer the regulated runtime.

Peter

Rudi

Enlightened
2dim said:
"Wonder how long with Lux III mod."

My stock LSHP/F runs in perfect regulation for 2.5 hours on one SF123A.
My CM-modded LSHP (LuxIII, TXOK, 665ma) runs regulated for 47min on one SF123A.

X33

Enlightened
Thanks LitFuse for the insight about forward voltage and bins. Thanks to Rudi for the numbers. Learn something new everyday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
That has to do with the doubled current and the "K", not the Luxeon III. Obviously an increase in current will result in a shorter runtime.

Peter

djpark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
2dim said:
Wonder how long with Lux III mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is modded LSH-P with Luxeon-III TX1K and 611mA current (not 688 as in the pic) with 2 NiMh (2200mAh).

arc-lsh-p-f-668.gif

-- dj

Krit

Enlightened
How many mA does it come out of existing circuit. Anyone have runtime graph.

Status
Not open for further replies.