Any LED mods or drop ins for a UK AAA light?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know Underwater Kinetics has an LED LA for this cool little light, but I want something better and brighter. Any suggestions? 1 Watt luxeon perhaps?...

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
The problem with a luxeon in that small of a light is you would have to make the batteries smaller to fit the driver circuitry in I figure and underdrive it probably more than the uke 4AA light is to keep from overheating it. I love the form factor/size of my uke2AAA eled light but also find the output of it mostly useful in situations where night vision is starting to kick in. I know a place that sells the uke2AAA eled bezel/module for about 5.25 +shipping and thought about ordering one to tear apart and see if I could at least put in 1 or 2 more LEDs on the same ciruit with some modifications.

I wonder if one of those luxeon *pills* made for using in the solitaire maglight could be made to fit. That would make it one sweet light.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Lynx,
Where can I go to get the white LED bezel module for the UKe2AAA? I would like to get one. also, if you do figure out how to mod it, please let me know. It is one of my favorite little lights and my EDC on my keyring and I would love to "enhance" it. Thanks for your info... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
the eled module with bezel fits some of the uke 2AAA lights
I am unsure which ones but I know it fits my side by side version. You can get them from here but I have never ordered from this place nor heard of anyone ordering from them. I was going to order a few things from them when I had some extra to spend and check them out to see if they are any good.
Premieronline.com