• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired E1e mods *** Pics Added***

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

For some reason, there's been a lot of interest in having E1e heads modded. I've been getting lots of PM's and emails with the same questions, so I'll post the answers here.

It appears that the changes that came about in the new KL1 do not spell the death of having a kick a$$ E1e mod. Now that the Aleph LE is available to use, I can mod the stock E1e head to accept an Aleph LE and fit an SO17XA reflector in the head. The ecan/esink mod using the stock reflector doesn't even come close to the mod using the Aleph LE, in terms of performance. This mod is also more desireable to having a modded KL1, in the sense that the light will maintain its small E1e size, and will look stock.

The mod would be similar to the one shown in the link below, but I would use the IMS reflector instead of the modded 27mm reflector to keep costs down and maintain the stock look of the E1e.

Check this out... E1e Mod

I can do this mod, on YOUR E1e head. It would include The Aleph LE, and the modification to YOUR E1e head. I could do this shipped via priority mail in the CONUS for $120.

This isn't bad considering that the KL1 costs around $50 and the mod costs another $71. Now you don't need to find a KL1. Just send me your E1e. These work great with a MM+ or a Nexgen. The BadBoys just generate too much heat for such a small light. If you want a very small light, this is hard to beat.

If you want to have this done, but either want to keep your E1e head in tact or don't have one, you can contact jcciv. He might have some for sale.

If you want this mod, send an account transfer via PayPal to [email protected] or send a credit card payment via PayPal to [email protected] and add 3% + 0.30 to cover the fees.

Make sure that you include your CPF handle and a description of the mod that you want. You can also drop me a PM to get my mailing address.

Please note that this applies to the E1e or E2e heads only. It does not apply to E1 or E2 heads. The E1 or E2 mod is much more difficult to do and I cannot do it for the price stated above.

If I can help anyone let me know.

Here are some pics of the finished mod. I used an Aleph II on a single cell body and McE2S tailcap for size comparison. The modded lights are on the left.

The first is the modded head on an E1e body...
picture.JPG

The second is the head on a Vital Gear body...
picture.JPG

The business end...
picture.JPG

And a beam shot. This shot sucks because I had to take it in my shop restroom. For some reason, it doesn't look as bright as it is. I guess I need to learn to use my camera.
picture.JPG