W & Surefire

Brock

Flashaholic
If you are refering to wattage check out my site, I have a bunch of the Surefire lamps and lot of others. I don't know what Surefire rates tham as, but I meter them and that is what I found. I personally have found wattage to be a pretty good judge of how bright a light is. How tight the beam is plays a role in it also. Of course beam quality is quite important to me also.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
If you are refering to wattage check out my site, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But an incandescent's wattage and brightness says only something if you also rate the filament's lifetime. It's a pity that we do not have this data (or do you?)

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've never found a bulb-life rating for a SureFire Lamp Module.

However, unlike the bulbs for the Scorpion that I believe are rated at only a few battery changes (one of the reasons they are dirt cheap), I have found that even with abuse, SureFire lamps last 30+ hours if you do not run them with flat batteries.

It is my impression that in order to make SureFire lamps as reliable and resistant to damage as possible given the demanding requirements many people have for their SureFires, the designs are such that bulbs should discolour "yellow" with age rather then break.

Infact, apart from the backup peace of mind a spare Lamp Module gives you, I also use them to check the status of the current lamp when I clean my SureFires. Consider it like checking your tires against the spare in the boot or "trunk" when you check the tire-pressure.

If SureFire were to publish a rating, I'm certain it would be conservative.

Al