opions on geber lx 3

mcl2u

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to know what you guys think of this light. Is this more of a flood or a beam. Sounds interesting because of the cheap batteries.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one, and like it.

I do not see a lot of increased brightness compared to my SL Jr. one watt. The beam is tighter than the Jr., with only about 45 degree side spill, vs. well over 90 degrees with the SL TL-2, and TL-3 LED.

The light has a beautiful soft finish that looks very elegant. The tail cap has a spring that functions as a momentary on. Twist for constant on.

I LOVE that it uses AAs, and it will be used a lot.

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I got mine yesterday from pocketlights.com. Very nice and attractive light indeed! I love the texture on the body of this light. It's got a nice grey bead blasted finish with type II anodizing. The only downside of this finish is that scuffs and scratches are more noticable if you let the flashlight come into contact with hard objects. The beam is nice and white and does have a rather tight hotspot, but it has enough sidespill to be useful. I too like that it runs on AA alkalines. A big plus since AA batteries they are easier to find in emergency situations compared with CR123 cells. Like JohnK said, you can position the tailcap for momentary on/off, but you otherwise twist on and twist off. The light is a bit too long for EDC unless you plan to carry it in a pack of some sort, but I think you'll like it. It's a huge improvement over the CMG Reactor.