surrfeire speeling

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
surefirespelling.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

No offence to Surefire but it's a good thing that their lights are built so much better than they're spelt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

These are some of the papers that came with my KL1. Since I am parting with my KL1 (for other reasons than the spell checker), its lucky new owner will receive them as well. Yes, it does say "1 watt LED", despite the Luxeon III hiding inside. Not shown is the instruction sheet, which is exactly the same as the one that came with my 3rd gen KL1 - it even shows the 3rd-gen KL1.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Or, we could all still be waiting for them to ship them with correct packaging. I think we're willing to suffer this to get the product in our hands yes?

Al

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes we certainly are. I would take my U2 in a plastic baggie if that's what it took /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just poking a little fun at them, but in a way it demonstrates that they have their priorities right. Too many companies spend more time dressing up the product than engineering it when the paradox is that if you build it right, they will come (U2). The LED itself is flawless. Do you have one?

Aloft

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:

No offence to Surefire but it's a good thing that their lights are built so much better than they're spelt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good spot, KevinL. . . things like this usually jump out at me, but I never noticed this on my package. . .but it clearly states "Fits Exectuive Series"!

Bisley

Newly Enlightened
F Y I : New KL1 is very bright,however dust,debris plainly visible under pyrex dome.Debris looks like plastic shavings(looks like short white whiskers)and move around when I use light.I sent it back to Surefire and we'll see how it comes back.Anyone else have a similar experience?

stockwiz

Enlightened
LOL.. It took me a good minute or two to finally notice that spelling error. Well I read somewhere that the human brain doesn't look at each individual letter, but the entire word itself, which is why such spelling errors often go unnoticed, and also why we are able to raed wohle snetnences eevn tohugh the lteters are out of odrer.

Aloft

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
stockwiz said:
LOL.. It took me a good minute or two to finally notice that spelling error. Well I read somewhere that the human brain doesn't look at each individual letter, but the entire word itself, which is why such spelling errors often go unnoticed, and also why we are able to raed wohle snetnences eevn tohugh the lteters are out of odrer.

[/ QUOTE ]

The latest edition of the Cryptogram (the newsletter of the American Cryptogram Association) has an article about this very phenomenon. In fact, research shows that many people actually look at only the first and last letters of a word and the mind fills in what's expected, an excellent explanation of why many of us missed it!

You can google American Cryptgram Association to find their website, if you're interested.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
You can google American Cryptgram Association to find their website, if you're interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

You spelt the first two correct /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
Hey Bisley,

Yes, my kl1 also has quite a bit of dust and wiskers trapped under the lens. And a partail finger print near the edge of the optic too.

I love this head. Works great, plenty of run time and has great throw for it's size. It's now my most used light. I would of really liked to of recieved a clean optic though. Kinda disapointing, but I'm starting to realize that getting a flawless unit is the exception unfortunatly.

I also though about sending mine back for a few seconds but the tint is so good and bright, I'd hate to reciece something lesser. (that also seems to be quite common.

bottom line, I really like it, but try not to look at the lens too much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm.. I must have gotten a good one, because most of the dust is on the outside of the lens and certainly no fingerprints inside this one. "Great throw" is the word, to the point I'm calling this one Surefire's second Turbohead LED (the first is the X200).

I just noticed something interesting while checking the optic, it doesn't touch the lens, it's not a single integrated unit. Inside there's plenty of hollow space and the optic itself has the shape of a drop of water that's about to fall, but froze in place. Very interesting. Not sure if my camera can capture it.

Aloft

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
koala said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You spelt the first two correct /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was, er, ahh. . . just testing you guys, yeah, that's it, just testing. . .