Photon Freedom Fusion

Commander

Enlightened
The updated Photon Fusion is out.

Anyone tried it?

Is it beating The Princeton Tec Yukon HL?

Any input is welcome!

From Photonlight.com/forum

[ QUOTE ]
felkers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:23 pm

My new Photon Freedom Fusion came today. I have an older Photon Fusion I just sent in for repair and boy the new Freedom is sure different!

Although it is plenty simple to use, I had to read the instructions because it operates so differently than the old versoin. Should be able to start using it right away without much training time!

It is a ton brighter than my older version - it will about blind a person! The two red LED's are pretty cool and they should work well as a low battery indicator.

The instant on in high is pretty cool too.

I use the Fusions with the head strap for early morning exercise in the winter. It is dark here in Indiana at 6:00 am now. Sure lights up the path!

I hope the web site info on the Fredom gets updated soon, I'd like to see additional info on things like battery life.

Felkers,
Bluffton Indiana.

Crizzly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:44 pm

Well don't keep us in suspense man, give us some details! Very Happy How's it work? does it live up to the guesses we had in the other topic chains [ie: "The Freedom Fusion?"] on this site?

Give it up! come on! Laughing

Felkers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:34 pm

Well I've just taken it out of the box and tried it out in daylite so far. It is really easy to use (after reading the instructions). Easier than my old Photon Fusion. The feature of adjusting the brightness anywhere you want it is really cool!

I am wondering what the battery life is expected to be if you use it on full high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regards

Thomas

Commander

Enlightened
News!

[ QUOTE ]

bryan
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:19 am

I've been told 12+ hours is a reasonable expectation for battery life at full brightness with standard alkaline batteries. I've got one turned on, sitting on my desk right now and am just going to run it till it's dead, so we'll see. I've been meaning to test out the new 2450mAh NiMH's that we got with the Fusion, but figured I would try the alkalines first just to verify the 12 hour estimate for myself. Generally, David tends to be a bit conservative on claims like battery life and water resistance. I'll let you know how the test goes.

felkers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:33 am

Yes Bryan, please let me know how your test goes. 12 hours would be great if it will last that long. My old Fusion would go about that with regular batteries. The new Freedom does seem to be a little briter on high brite and I wondered what that would do to batt life.

I was out in light rain this morning with my new Fusion Freedom. Hopefully it will stand up to that test too. I use my headlamp every morning during the winter months so my new Fusion Freedom is going to get a daily workout in every sort of weather.

Felkers
Bluffton, Indiana

[/ QUOTE ]

Kiessling

Flashaholic
hm ... 6 white LEDs should run 12h regulated on Alks whereas 4 white LEDs run 8h regulated on Lithimum AAs in an Eternalight?
Something does not add up here ...
bernhard

Azreal911

Enlightened
this is probably due to the effieciency of the two electronics they are using and how hard are the LED's driven.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I received a shipping confirmation a day or so ago stating that a review sample of the Freedom Fusion is on the way.
I ought to have it shortly, and I'll make it a priority to get it on my website as quickly as I can thereafter.

Azreal911

Enlightened
nice review so far. it's like the same concept at the photon freedom. awesome with it's variable range of dimming.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I haven't gotten to any of the red LED modes yet; probably tomorrow on those. But I appreciate the positive commentary so far; much appreciated!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Azreal911

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
The_LED_Museum said:
I haven't gotten to any of the red LED modes yet; probably tomorrow on those. But I appreciate the positive commentary so far; much appreciated!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i always like yours and flashlightreview's reviews. I never buy any expensive light without consulting both pages before hand or else i won't buy it. it's like a light bible to me. I also always make note of your mah draw that you test on the lights. it lets me decide on whether the reviewed light is ok for the runtime and for the purpose i use it on. i really don't know how you do that with the volt meter. all i know is i could check voltage with it. hahaha!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Due to the way the Freedom Fusion is designed, that's one value (the mA reading) I will not be able to provide for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
But once I get my laboratory computer installed, I'll at least be able to produce a battery discharge analysis chart for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Or if I have the necessary files on this machine, I might be able to run that test on the laptop. Let's check that right now...BRB...yup, looks like I have the necessary files handy on this pee-cee.
Let's go zip them up and put them on one of my servers that I can access with the laptop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif