L4 Holster?

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
I just bought my first Surefire, an L4. And I thought I was a flashaholic before.... Now I want a bunch of Surefires. The overall quality makes everything else I have look cheap. Although the beam is slighly yellow compared to my Streamlight Tasklight Luxeon. I guess the Luxeon Lotto still applies at the 5-watt level.

What sort of belt holster do people use with the L4? I want one that allows the light to be carried bezel-down, has a flap (preferably with Velcro), will allow me whatever extra space I need for one of McGizmo's two-stage tailcaps, and can be attached to a belt without removing the belt.

Thanks, all!

ferreter

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure there's better options but I actually use a Mini M@g holster for my L4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

don't know if it would have the room for the two stage tail cap though.

Ferreter

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking that the Surefire V82 fits the bill, except that you want bezel-down carry. It meets all of the above.

You may want to try the Surefire V25. This is one size too big (meant for bezel-UP carry of C-series lights like the 6P), but that's precisely why you can cram the light bezel-down into the holster. The rear tailcap would stick out, but there's plenty of space because that area was designed to accomodate the 1.25" bezel. I just tried it with my E2e-SG.

It also has the velcro flap, and a metal quick-detach clip on the back that enables you to slip it on and off a belt. The V21 has a velcro rear flap I believe.

c2-3.jpg

c2-4.jpg