KL1 Gun Metal Gray?

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supposedly they are the same, but I have noticed some slight variance.

HPIM1673.thumb.jpg
[larger image]

I think these variations are similar to the variations in HA darkness, rather than a difference in the type of finish.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I have the same one that oldgrandpajack has on e-bay!!! Actually, I have two of them but to answer the question, they are so similar that I doubt very much that you could tell the difference if there is one at all.

tyler gave the best description of the variations. It really is a nice piece. I've got one on an E1 and an E1e. A very nice set up.

illmatic

Newly Enlightened
I have to say, that darker finish looks very impressive!

Now where would one find a Gun Metal Gray E1e to match?

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlightboy, OGPJ's not teh one selling it but he's bidding on it though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Too bad it's not the latest Gen4 3W version.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Flashlight,

Oops, now we have proof that I can't read!!!

There are, from time to time, a number of SF items not on their site but are available for sale. A couple of things come to mind such as the KL1-SG and the black HAII M2 bezel.

I'm wondering if an "insider" such as Al can let us know if there are any other gems at SF. I have a couple of KL1-SGs and I really like them. The black M2 bezel on my 9P is probably my favorite SF light.

illmatic

Newly Enlightened
So i've searched around and can't find a E1e-GM or even a mention of one...just the E1e-SG. I assume these two finishes are different since SureFire uses different codes for them. I can also see that there is a significant difference between tyler's two E1 bezels. An E1e-GM would look better with that KL1-GM than the E1e-SG...looks like i better keep searching and find that E1e-GM before oldgranpa beats me, like he has before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif