My Stinger died

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
My stinger, thatb i recently replced the buld and reflector assembly in, has died. It will not recharge. I have tried two different chargers and the little red indicator LED doesnt even light up.

Maybe its a dead battery stick? any other suggestions?

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Replacement batteries are available at TexasTacticalSupply.com for about 8 bucks.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most common is an old battery or damaged battery.

BUT your charge light isn't lighting. Here's some troubleshooting:
1. Check the charge cord (i.e. wall wart). At the two contact pins, voltage should be between 13 and 22 volts.

2. Check the voltage coming from the charger, should be between 13 and 22 volts. During this test, the LED should NOT light up. If the voltage isn't w/in perameters, the base should be replaced.

3. If the above checks out, see what color the switch is in the light. If it's a clear or tinted, replace it. The newest switches are black plastic and were redesigned.

4. Put in a new battery stick and see if your charger works.

What's bugging me about yuour issue is the LED not lighting on the base, that's why I listed 1. and 2. before battery stick replacement.

--dan

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Most likely the charging module. See two dished out screws on head that make contact with charger cradle. That whole circuit/module is replaceable, and not too expensive. Also, take a pencil eraser and clean off those two charging screws. What part of CA do you live in. There is a warranty/distributor in Santa Rosa.

Bill