Inova X5

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I'm thinking of getting an Inova X5 and would like to know how it compares in brightness to the ARC LS with the CR 123 battery. I checked in the Bright Guy site an it is mentioned a tail cap switch. Is this one the new Inova X5T?

rodmeister

Enlightened
I have both the LS and an old Inova X5. The X5 is 1/3 to 1/2 the brightness of the LS (w/ CR123 module) and about three times as large.

The X5 is a nicely built light, but the LS is a much more useful light. Don't see a need for an X5 for an LS owner except as a cheaper secondary light.

Empath

Flashaholic
My Arc LS is probably about 50% brighter than X5. I've got two X5 lights, so I assume they're typical. I've only one Arc LS, but I suspect it's typical. However, my X5 is at least twice as bright as my Lambda Illuminator. There too, I've only one Illuminator. Judging by the praise given by most to the Illuminator, I'd say mine is not typical, but I've no way to know.
frown.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently the following lights tested in an integrating sphere.

Lambda Illuminator was over 20 lumens
Innova 5XT ................ 11 lumens
ARC LS (SN004) wasless than 10 lumens.

Yes the ARCLS appears brighter, but the Innova puts out more light, but not as focused

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Ted Bear - interesting fact! Wonder what the result would be like if Inova decided to use more focused LEDs instead of those wide angled ones the presently have in the X5T. As much as I love Arc products, I have to admit the Inovas (X5 and X5T) are *very* hard to put down once you pick them up - they're so oh-so-slick just feel "special". Now, you've found they're brighter than the Arcs too! Is SN004 a pea-green, or one of the perfect v1.2 examples? Last q - which batt pack was on the LS...TIA
smile.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
Recently the following lights tested in an integrating sphere.

Lambda Illuminator was over 20 lumens
Innova 5XT ................ 11 lumens
ARC LS (SN004) wasless than 10 lumens.

Yes the ARCLS appears brighter, but the Innova puts out more light, but not as focused
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's disheartning
frown.gif

A Luxeon star is beaten by 5 nichia's.
frown.gif

rlhess

Enlightened
Jeff,

I suspect that the SN004 ARC LS is PERHAPS dimmer than current models. I have an SLS (but not an integrating sphere) but since the LS and the IllPill and the Illuminator all use the same collimator and same LS and their candela output on axis range between 200-300, I would suspect that SN004 is low.

I also think Empath's Illuminator (as he states) is low.

FWIW, My sLS is # 178

Cheers,

Richard

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
That's one of my biggest complaints with the ARC-LS. The beam quality from light to light is about as inconsistant as it could be, not only between the color of the tint and corona, but with the brightness and throw.

MDM

Newly Enlightened
In my experience, the LS is about 1/3 to 1/2 brighter than the X5. Both are very good lights, but if I had to pick one to go with, it would be the LS.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

My SLS puts out 240 lux at one meter according to my LM631. Don't have an X5 though.

StarLite

Newly Enlightened
Is bit of the subject…it is depend on which version of LS. I have couple originals and a current release. The current release is so much brighter than the original, like comparing a CMG infinity to a ARC Le.