Nuwai 1w Luxeon, 2AA, Dual power, adjustable focus

Gliderguy

Newly Enlightened
Don't know anything about that particular light, but I ordered 5 Nuwai lights from advancedmart just over a week ago. Got the Q-III's and the 115 within a week ,the Q-I's were on backorder and he says they will ship Monday or Tuesday. He also does some ebay selling (also got a green Q-III) and has a 100% ebay rating. (but only 20 or so sales so far ebay wise. my order number through advancedmart.com was 1000, if that means anything to you. Most of those lights were for christmas presents.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gliderguy,

Thanks for sharing your experience with Advancedmart.com. I may order one of these 1w Nuwai Luxeon dual power lamps even without reading any reviews or getting any feedback, because I'd like a dual power 1w light for use at work. I've never read a bad review about Nuwai, so I expect this light to be at least reasonably good.

Mark2

Enlightened
I have one of these (TM-65H) and IMHO the main problem is the Luxeon lottery here. Some of these have nice white Luxeons, others have extremely bad ones. Otherwise these lights are what you would expect for the price. Both the TM-65H and TM-66H have very good throw for a 1W, better than the Inova T1, but with a tighter beam.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the switch sequence work? Low high, or high low? is the low setting bright enough to navigate through a dark room and do close up work? Any sense of battery life on two settings? Do you use alkaline or lithium batteries? Is there a large "donut hole" when adjusted to wide focus?

Mark2

Enlightened
Re: Nuwai 1w Luxeon, 2AA, Dual power, adjustable f

The sequence is: OFF-LOW-HI-OFF

There is a hole in the beam when set to flood. The strengh of these lighs is throw not flood. When focused to a tight beam, the beam is pretty nice. I only used Alkaline batteries in this light.