Everled Problem

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, Kinda. .

My work-issued flashlight is a 2D Mag. Back in the day, when the Everled first came out, I bought a handful and stuck them in some different flashlights and have enjoyed them ever since. The Everled in my 2D mocks my coworkers' flashlights, and since the batteries come at an extreme discount, I really love the combination.

Well, the other day I was working and found a long-forgotten AA flashlight laying around. It's some sort of industrial flashlight, and when I went to click it on, nothing happened. I took the cap off and found some corrosion (eww) - I scraped it off and put it back together, cleaned it up and tried again. I got the faintest little glow from the bulb, just enough to notice a faceted reflector. "Cool," I though, "I wonder what that would look like with the Everled in there. ."

Well, long story short, it looks great. So nice that I can't bring myself to take it back out and put it in the Mag. So here's my problem.

The 2D Mag currently has a (yech) incandescent bulb. I've got an Everled in a 4D Mag in my car. What should I do?? Get another Everled was my first thought, but then I started thinking there may be other better options out there. The only "Must" is that the flashlights have to use alkaline D cells, since I get them from work. Money in this case it of little concern. Custom mods are an option as well, of course.

Let the ideas fly!

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the newer generation of the Everleds with the batwings. I think the result is better throw than the side emitter versions. Else Tektite, Epeion etc has otehr drop in modules as well, but I am somehow more inclined towards Everleds cos of their versatility which allows it to be used in almost any 1-6 cell flashlight that takes a PR bulb. Else you can also get high output incan bulbs for your Mag as well IIRC. That's not my forte, I'm a Led man myself... I'll let someone else fill you in on those details...