Your opinion: Red dot scopes . .A1Optic, Barska?

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the red dot scopes from A1Optic [a1optic.com] or the red dot scopes from Barska, or from Osprey any good?

Will they work well for someone not wanting to spend several hundred dollars on a GOOD red dot scope? How about BSA or NCStar?

Thanks!

theepdinker

Enlightened
Don't know about the others but,... I own a BSA & Tasco.
If you want to buy the BSA I'll give you a decent deal.
I'm keep'n the Tasco though.

Theepdinker

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Re: Your opinion: Red dot scopes . .A1Optic, Bars

The origional was Aimpoint (Sweedish). I found a Tasco to have too large a dot, but that was back when. They are fast on target, but beware of parallax! I'm not up to speed on the current offerings, so can't really help. I've got a cheepie on an M1 carbine that is a lot of fun.

Larry

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Target Sports (NCstar) DTB130 red dot is acceptable, for about $35 shipped off Ebay.

Its survived something like 400 rounds on my AK. The screws that hold the knob on stripped out, but loctite fixed it. Its also the brightest red dot I've ever used. Currently I own the Target Sports, a Tasco Minimag and a BSA RD30. No comparison in brightness, the target sports is atleast twice as bright.

leadfoot

Newly Enlightened

red dots are like any optics you buy. you get what you pay for. if you want the best of the tube type red dots get a tasco propoint. of the non tube type the EOTECH is far and away the best. I've not had any luck with the less expensive red dots due to poor optics, electronics failure, bad switches etc.
the EOTECH is my favorite of any of the systems

Leadfoot

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened

If you like the tube style go aimpoint if not eotech is a great choice. Leadfoot is right you get what you pay for with optics.