My Inova T3 arrived!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I got my Inova T3. When I opened up the package, I noticed the excellent feel and build quality right away. When I turned it on, I was blown away! This is my first flashlight with a Lux III, and the difference between it and any of the Lux I's that I have is like night and day. And it's the whitest beam I've seen from an LED. It puts out a nice circular beam, that seems to have excellent throw. I'll take it outside a little later and check it out some more. It doesn't have gobs of side spill, but it's adequate. The T3 is a homerun in my book! Now I have to get a lanyard for it, and maybe a holster too. And oh yeah, some more 123's!!

If you own a T3, what do you think of it?

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my T3. It has the kind of throw that I wish the Surefire L4 and L5 had--and the T3 goes through batteries less quickly, too. I only wish that it had the L4's size and weight.

The first T3 that I ordered had a beam that was bluish to a degree that I considered unacceptable. I ordered two more, and those were both much closer to white. I then kept the best one and sold the other two.

Harrison

Newly Enlightened
is the throw on the T3 and the XO3 the exact same? i should say are the tiros optics and beams EXACTLY the same?

AbnerCadaver

Banned
I have both the X03 and T3 and both are fantastic lights. The beams on them are indistinguishable to me.. Both are pure white and throw is "eye dentical" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Both of my Inova 3W Luxeons are by far the farthest throwing LED lights I own, even further than my 3W Luxeon 3D modified maglight, which was my king of throwers until my T3 and X03's arrived.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats! You say there isn't a lot of side-spill? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

chiphead

socals2k

Newly Enlightened
can anybody compare the beam of X03/T03 to a X0?

i had a X0 before (sold it due to the arrival of MM LuxIII + Faren LP), and i am wondering if the X03/T03 will give a bigger hotspot? more side spill?

Catman10

Enlightened
My X03 has a smaller, brighter/more intense hotspot than my X0. To be honest, neither of them has too much sidespill, but I would say that the X0 hmay have a little more. I think they're both great lights.

Mark2

Enlightened
I agree, the T3 is a very nice light at a decent price. It's pretty large for a 3W, but it's lights like the T3 that will make "normal" people think about their Maglites eventually.

socals2k

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Catman10 said:
To be honest, neither of them has too much sidespill, but I would say that the X0 hmay have a little more.

[/ QUOTE ]

holy moly, the T03 may has less side than X0 ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

oh well, that's a price to pay to be a thrower ..

MrBenchmark

Enlightened
The T3 has less sidespill than the T2/T1, at least that's how it looks to me. It does throw like crazy, though, and what it does light up is BRIGHT.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
Hmm. My T3 appears to have about the same sidespill as my T1.

Perhaps the more intense hotspot makes it appear to some to have less? Dunno...