pressure switch

precision1st

Newly Enlightened
I want to add a pressure switch to a 3,000,000CP light I just got. I am wanting to add the type of pressure switch that you often see on a tactical light, for example on a police shotgun. The ones I have seen before are a very thin, rubber or plastic strip, about 6 or 7 inches long w/ a cord out one end. I need one that is not already designed or set up for a certain light. The ones I have seen on the internet are already attached to a light and wont work. My big question is if anyone knows where I can get a pressure switch (internet or store). Ideas on how to wire it into the circuit too. Thanks!

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only two options I can think of would be to make one from scratch, or to modify an existing one. Surefire makes them for their lights, but has the tailcap attached, and I have seen others for different priducts (lights and laser sights), but all have some sort of tailcap already attached. You could get one of these and just cut the wires. That would probably work as long as you didn't get one made for the MiniMag with it's low current. You could also make one, but that would be a bit more difficult. The switch part itself on the ones I've seen apart is just two strips of springy metal with an insulator at each end to keep the strips apart and a plastic sleeve over it. The wires are attached to one end.