Can this be done??

chipper

Newly Enlightened
Firstly I am a total novice when it comes to modified flashlights. But I am ok with a soldering iron etc.
Ok now I've got that out of the way here goes...
I have access to lots of those little square batteries they are 9v and are known as pp3 or MN1604 or even 6LR61.
I have an old minimag that I could use as a donor or even a fairly new princeton tec eclipse XL, but since the body would be of no use, I'm not sure how good this would be to use.
I fancy a really nice Luxeon V or even possibly an incandescent, hows it looking so far? Is it doable?

Any help would be great, I notice that these batteries are hardly ever used for whatever reason so it may just be a no-no.
I want decent sidespill, fair throw and insane brightness, 30 minutes runtime would suffice.

Obviously I would picture and post all my work in progress.
Thanks for any /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif.

Chipper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Main reasons for not using PP3 batteries:

High internal resistance.
Low capacity (around 650mAh If I remember rightly)
High relative cost.

Depends what you're really looking for there, your spec's not 100% clear. The PP3 batteries lend themselves well to a compact light for lowish output though i.e. the PAL series, as the form factor (in my view) is good. Not good for high drain though.

chipper

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I definately wanted something really bright and with you saying that the batteries lend themselves for a lowish output type light I think I'll give it a miss.
Cheers anyway.