• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: W-bin Lux V

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
After Paul gets his two, I need 10x.
PM me if you have any. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM me even if you ARE an extortionist. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geez, you all really want a bunch of Luxeon Vs, eh? Let me see if I can get a few rebinned ones again.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sold.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Freddy,

I'll get that light of yours made up quickly so I can send you your J25s ASAP. Sorry for the delay, was waiting two weeks on parts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mr HG

Enlightened
I have a Lux V over from a Surefire L6. The emitter bin is unknown, buts it white, not a purple or a blue or green tint at all. A Creamy white color. The color of the L6 emittter looks just like my X3U. I cant tell them apart side by side.

It is yours if you want it.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Enrique for your hard work… /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
Very special Xmas present almost on the way... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
From the old Group Buy thread
Hey Folks,

The old thread for the W-Flux LED order is a cluttered, outdated, and otherwise a general mess. Here's a new thread to start off on a clean slate.

The first order of Luxeon V LEDs was a success, and ended up with many people kicking themselves for not participating when a WX0T bin was received.

However, when I went to see about buying more W-flux binned LEDs, I could no longer get any - the highest available to me was V-Flux.

So, days passed, weeks passed, and then, a conversation in passing with an individual I know yielded a good opportunity. He happened to have a bunch of rebinned Luxeon V LEDs that he couldn't use, and he offered to sell them to me if I wanted them.

In the other thread discussion ensued on the rebinning criteria, and this chart was made and posted:

binchartv.jpg

Lumileds states that their bins are more or less equivalent to the following color temperatures:
V0 5350K
V1 5500K
W0 6050K
WA 6300K
X0 6700K
X1 6300K
YA 8000K
Y0 8000K

The fowards voltages (vF) of the LEDs are predominantly in the U and W range.

It was also discovered that Wayne Yamaguchi (Dat2Zip) had an incorrect bin color chart on his binning information page, and the correct one was posted:

LuxeonBinningColourChart.jpg

(Borrowed from Klaus) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

So now we arrive to another problem: What does a footcandle mean? The definitions some people found:

Candela = fc at 1 foot = lux at 1 meter.

Other conversions include:
1 lux at 1 meter = 0.0929 fc at 1 meter and
1 fc at 1 foot = 10.764 lux at 1 foot.

-Sway

The problem still exists that I can't really imagine the brightness in footcandles in my head (like I can in lumens or candela), nor is it a measure most CPFers are used to. Enter Kevindick:

As far as I can tell, the footcandle readings for LEDs mounted the same and measured with the same equipment should be linear with lumens.

So let's take the midpoint of his readings and say that's approximately the midpoint of the V bin. This means, on his equipment, 1425 fc is roughly equivalent to 130 lumens. So the 1899 fc would work out to 173 lumens, which would put it at the high end of the W bin.

Assuming that assertion holds true, the flux in lumens for the chart would be the following:

No. 27: 164-173 Lumens
No. 26: 155-164 Lumens
No. 25: 146-155 Lumens
No. 24: 137-146 Lumens
No. 23: 128-137 Lumens
No. 22: 119-128 Lumens
No. 21: 109-119 Lumens
No. 20: 100-109 Lumens
No. 19: 91-100 Lumens
No. 18: 87-91 Lumens

So now we have a complete binning chart in CPF-Layman's Terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the bins available to me right now:

J21: 7
J20: 9
J18: 1

K23: 2 (3 reserved for Tylerdurden)
K22: 5
K21: 7
K20: 2
K19: 1

L23: 1
L21: 1

M22: 1
M21: 1

N22: 3

O22: 5
O21: 11
O20: 4

If anyone is interested in those after reading the information on them above, let me know. I mishandled the last group buy, in hindsight. If you want a bin, post here claiming it, and it's yours, regardless of the quantity - first come, first served. The LEDs are $35 each for above or at No. 22 Flux, and $30 for any below No. 22 Flux.

-EM

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 K32 for me if any are left. (second dibs on an X bin) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There are increments of 9 lumens per number.
32-27=5x9=45+173= 218 lumens, or there-abouts.

Edit:
Oops several posts too slow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
You guys above can fight over it 1st. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good thing you asked, Tylerdurden,
Looks like you are getting more than you asked for.
An X bin for cry it out loud.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
I called to make sure about those K32s just now, and they're a typo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif They're K23s.

Perhaps the elusive X bin will make itself appear sooner or later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Would have been nice to have a few of those.

Tylerdurden is out until Jan. 3, 2005, so I'll save a couple of higher bin LEDs for him, and let the rest of you all take your pick.

-EM

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Endeavor, this is REALLY over my head!

I'm tring to figure out the K32, etc.

If I want 2-4 of the whitest W's you have, which are they?

Bill

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, then two K23 instead of one K32 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif and one K22 if they are still available. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif