Arc4+

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Arc4+ has never given me quite the satisfaction I'd hoped for, one recurrent problem being the continual low level flashing of the Led at a frequency of one per second (or thereabouts). This runs the battery down and forces more frequent replacement. Any ideas on what to do?

chrisse242

Enlightened
Seems like the "find me" or "beacon" mode is activated in your arc4. So that's a feature and not a bug. ;-)
If that is the case, you're lucky because it can easily be deactivated. Just look for the instructions in this forum.

Chrisse

georget98

Enlightened
It could be the find me, but also it will dimly pulse if RFS is on. This is especially prominent in the cold -- put the light in the freezer and see if it is more noticable. If so, its RFS. It's the 5th item on the main menu, identified by the Ready for Service sequence.

Ready for Service is the dim to bright self test sequence the light goes through when you change the battery.

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
If you scroll down--way down in this thread you should find all the instructions on how to turn on and off the various features of your light. I agree with the others in that your problem is likely the find me or RFS or both are turned on. On my light I prefer to have these turned off.

cheers

AW

Newly Enlightened
ARC4Settings.gif
ARC4BasicOperation.gif

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will try the suggestions....and let you know. Just to answer soem of the questions and comment on others. This is the second Arc4+ that I received from Arc--the first one did not work properly, was "repaired" but to no avail and so, this one was sent as the replacement. I have taken the battery out overnight and still get the same pulsing (one per second) low level light.....

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
karlthev said:
My Arc4+ has never given me quite the satisfaction I'd hoped for

[/ QUOTE ]

I was always wondering how many of similar cases did occure by the simple fact that people did not read (or understand) the user instructions.
For a product that complex it is a pity that it was not delivered with a good, understandable manual.
Especially for people outside the CPF community.

Status
Not open for further replies.