Printing error on U2??

manaweapon

Newly Enlightened
I recently got a U2.. upon close inspection I noticed that the U2 clip was bulging out slighty. I removed the clip and noticed that it was suppose to be mounted on the opposite side where the "US pantent pending" print was. It seems that they realized the "US pantent pending" print was on the wrong side so they forced the clip to mount on the wrong side. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

I'll prolly replace the clip with a metal loop for a lanyard anyways.

manaweapon

Newly Enlightened
oh. thats my typo.. i copy and pasted it.. i meant "US patent pending".

I'm just gonna file off the ends of the clip a bit so it fits ok.

AlecGold

Enlightened
On my u2 the clip is over the patent pending text. It seems to be like that. I find it pitty they didnt put more knurling on it. there is imho a not very much knurling on it.

luxlover

Banned
If you look at any other SF light, you will find that their pocket clips have been placed on a side where there are no markings. Why would they place anything over a marking and obscure what they took the trouble to manufacture in the first place?

If your U2's pocket clip is on any side with markings on it, call SF and ask them how to relocate the clip and polymer ring that holds it in place, or read this post...... U2 without a clip