anyone have thread issue's with there LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone have thread issue\'s with there LS?

I got one that is burred somewhat. It's rougher now then it was new, (3mth's ago)It's only been opened about three times, and i am REAL good about backing off and aligning stuff that's threaded, to avoid this.
It seem's to be in the head area, don't see much wear in the switch half. (maybe last two are a little rough, but no flated threads)
machining is were i don't know much, can I and should i get this cleaned up by someone since it's one of two most used EDC's? thanks guy's, have a merry Chrismas! VDG

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: anyone have thread issue\'s with there LS?

My grey kit LS bezel retaining ring came with a thread that had minimal engagement with the body threads. Engagement became more and more marginal with removal/replacement (to switch from high to low power and back). It was squirrely enough that last time that I've decided to not take it off again, and leave it set it on high.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: anyone have thread issue\'s with there LS?

[ QUOTE ]
nerdgineer said:
My grey kit LS bezel retaining ring came with a thread that had minimal engagement with the body threads. Engagement became more and more marginal with removal/replacement (to switch from high to low power and back). It was squirrely enough that last time that I've decided to not take it off again, and leave it set it on high.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that's what i'm afraid of. my 123 batt end threads are nice and sharp no real wear,but the bezel's look flatish.there is still groove's, maybe each is machined different? I noticed that if i run out the kroll, or put presure on the front as i screw it togather, it keeps it from feeling like your grinding something inside. But i don't want to strip the kroll or possably by pressing in the wrong direction, the bezel thread's and worsing it, since you can't see inside a FL to know for sure.
what i did do was remove the o-ring, clean all threads with some WD lightly, chashed out the small debrise (hard to tell if it was metal, but felt like it)with a small steel "light tension" bolt cleaner brush, test fitted it without a batt or ring, or lube. it was smooth threading except for, give or take,one full turn.that calmed my nerve's some, but i still wonder about having a machine shop chase the bad spot. I don't see ever getting another bezel cheap but i do want to keep using it. VDG

Status
Not open for further replies.