KL1 needs a body, suggestions?

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings everybody.

Please forgive me if this has been asked before. I have the latest KL1 and I would like to get a body for it. I'm intrigued with the E1e body but would not want to buy the whole unit just for the body. Does anybody out there just sell the bodies?

How about other manufacturer's?

And finally would you recommend a one or two cell body? Is there a big difference in output between the one and two cell configurations?

Many thanks in advance,

Kelly

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Contact jcciv for your E1e body and tailcap. He is known as Surefireparts on ebay. He is great to deal with!

Vitalgear also makes bodies, but I read some of the guys were having trouble with the switch on these. I think jcciv has these too.

McGizmo also makes Aleph bodies for the KL1 with a two stage switch. The two stage switch gives you the normal high beam and a low beam that is much dimmer. The low beam has a long runtime. These are available at
The Sandwich Shoppe.

I prefer the one cell because of size, but two or even three cells works. I had one of the old style KL1s on a 3x123 McLux for the 7 hour runtime.

I think there is a slight increase in brightness with more cells according to Surefire, but I can't see any difference.

kelmo, I would recommend the E1e body with a standard z52 tailcap. I have this configuration and love it. Great EDC size. The output is superb. Try jcciv to see if he has an extra E1e body for sale. He's a great supplier of Surefire parts.

sithjedi333

Enlightened
I would also recommend the Aleph body with 2 stage switch. The switch really makes any compatible light much more useful IMHO.

PJ

Enlightened
I agree the E1e is a great light with the KL1. The size is almost identical to a Micromag. I had an L1 but it seemed to be a little big to EDC.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't like/need the pocket clip than a Balrog body is another choice.
Same size as the Aleph but a little more "SureFire" looking.

[ QUOTE ]
symes said:
Vitalgear 3x123 is also great long runtime option with the KL1... >7 hours at max brightness.... you just don't get a tailcap and have to screw the head on tighter...

[/ QUOTE ]

For that matter, if you're going 3x123, you could also do a Balrog 3x123 body with an E Series tailcap. Might fit a little better than the VG.