Dorcy Bulbs

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found two new bulbs at Sears. (New to me anyways.) The first one is a 3-D <u>Xenon</u> Oscillite Bulb. I assume it's for the Sears Oscillating flashlight. The 2nd one is a T-1 Bi-Pin <u>Krypton</u> bulb. That is the one that interests me. Since I use my 2AA Mini-Mag more than any other light. I haven't even opened to packages yet. I'll report more later.

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ummm... the flashlight section. It was on a small carousel with other flashlight bulbs and batteries. Mostly button batteries and small cylinder batteries.

Velcro

Enlightened
David, I was just looking at my profile when I saw your private message about the Dorcy Excell 2AA I told you about. Did you find it?
I guess I should be checking my profile more often.
rolleyes.gif

Greetings,
Velcro

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I finally opened the bulbs up today. Because I went to Home Depot to get the Mag Lite 3D/2AA combo pack. Don't I have these lights already? Of course. But a proper flashaholic looks for excuses to buy more flashlights
grin.gif

Initial impressions:

The T-1 Bi-Pin Krypton bulb is ok. Not better than the Brinkmann xenon bulb. Neither in brightness nor color. The beam shape is off center. Because the pins on the bulb were bent. A little playing around with the pins should fix things up.

The 3-D Xenon Oscillite is equivilint to the Carley Lamps Xenon Star. Maybe a hair under in brightness. The color is about the same. I was hoping to have better beam shape than the Carley bulb. But it's about the same. Comparing the Dorcy next to the Carley the Carley is brighter. Even though the batteries for the Carley are used and the batteries for the Dorcy is fresh out of the pack.

I just started using them today so I don't have battery runtime or bulb life ideas yet.

Velcro,

I vaguely remember that private message. Unfortunately I deleted it a while back.

Velcro

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidW:
Velcro,

I vaguely remember that private message. Unfortunately I deleted it a while back.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never mind, it was nothing special. You wrote that you where going to scour your local shops to see if you could get the Dorcy Excell 2AA I told you about for your wife.

And did you find them? Just curious.
smile.gif

Greetings,
Velcro

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope. I don't see the light anywhere. Not Sears, Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Home Depot or Radio Shack.

Velcro

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DavidW:
Nope. I don't see the light anywhere. Not Sears, Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Home Depot or Radio Shack.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, that's too bad. I don't own any but they look really nice and now also come in different colors.

41-4011.jpg

What a lot of stores to choose from you guys have by the way. I wish there where so many over here (NL).
frown.gif

All I can say is keep looking.

Greetings,
Velcro