Dorcy 1 watt Luxeon 3xAAA >>>>

JDELUNA

Newly Enlightened
Saw this light at a local Target store, was the only one, so I decided to get it @ $24.95. It uses 3 AAA batteries which is included. I used it last night and compared it with 2 other lights I have a Brinkmann Maxfire LX and a Streamlight TT 2L. The Dorcy is just a tad less in brightness than the Brinkmann Maxfire and also just atad less throw, but compared to the Streamlight TT 2L, it had a narrower beam, seemed brighter because of the narrower beam, and had more throw too, again because of the narrower beam. The Dorcy is not a bad light, the tint is little green in the center, but over all not a bad light for the price. Has anyone modded one of these lights yet ??? God Bless. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

C

Cosmic Superchunk

My Dorcy 1watt 3AAA produces a nice white beam. It isn't a bad quality flashlight for the money, but it's design is flawed. The light shuts off upon impact. I'm not talking about a drop from 20 feet either. Turn it on and strike the back of the flashlight on the palm of your hand and you'll see what I mean. There's also a thread that talks about this issue. Do a search on Dorcy 3AAA 1-Watt Fails The Shock Test.

In my opinion, no flashlight should shut off on you if it's dropped unless it has a momentary "on" feature. I sent an email to Dorcy several weeks ago about this issue and have not received a reply. On the other hand, striking the back of the light on the palm of your hand is a way to avoid the annoying "strobe" mode.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cosmic Superchunck, I had never heard of this but I went to test it on my 2 Dorcy 3AAA. It should be noted while one does turn off a firm tap on the back of my hand, I was hitting the other one so hard it hurt rather badly, and it still would not go off. only buy POUNDING in with a mag3D did it shut off.