Light Force

goldwingguy

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have experience with Light Force brand lights? I am looking for a pair of lights to mount on a Honda Goldwing for long distance touring use. Any help would be appreciated.

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello and welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Which Light Force light are you looking at? Most of them are rather large for a motorcycle and designated for off road use but if you really want to light up a long stretch of deserted highway they should work like a champ just remember to turn them off meeting on coming traffic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good prices with free shipping can be found here

Later
Kelly

goldwingguy

Newly Enlightened
That is a good point, I am willing to deal with the size to get the light I want. Have you used them in the past?

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only one I have any experience with is the SL240 Blitz Spotlight they are light weight and rugged but a bit pricey. Have you looked at any small 55W Hella driving lights like these they are very compact and have a nice beam for their size from what I recall and would fit nicely on a motorcycle.

I would look for a DOT approved driving light just to stay out of trouble with law enforcement any off road high out put light with a clear lens will be too bright for on coming traffic.

Just my 2 cents worth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later
Kelly

Ratso

Enlightened
I have not used any Lightforce brand lights, but I've installed Hella 500 foglamps and KC Daylighter Off Road lights, and also Wal-Mart low profile fog lamps.

The KC Daylighters are 100 Watt 6 Inch lights which look equivalent to the LightForce 170 model. However, I noticed that the 170 is around $200, while the Daylighters can be bought for less than $150. LightForce looks like quality lights, but KC has been around for 30 years, and makes similar products for less.

Also, 6-inch lights are BIG. I have no motorcycle experience, but perhaps a smaller light, like a projector beam type, may be more suitable.

Have fun,
Brian