How would you compare...

tb2776

Newly Enlightened
the Pelican M6 LED with the Inova T3? I am considering either of these lights for a general, around-the-house light with some outdoor use.

I live in the "sticks" of rural Hunterdon county New Jersey where there's very few streetlights -- therefore, perfect flashlight conditions... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I don't own either of them though I've played with them both. The M6 has a lot more spillbeam while the T3 has basically none. Outdoors that isn't a stunningly important issue but indoors, I personally think a lot of spill is preferable for 95% of activities.

Having said that, my next light will very likely be a T3 or X03... Just make sure the beam pattern is what you're looking for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In this price/size/runtime range, I'd look stongly at the second generation Streamlight TL-2 LED.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
Both flashlights seem to have approximately similar battery life (~ 2 hours bright light, followed by several hours low light). However, Inova T3 appears to be a bit brighter than the Pelican M6 LED. But the T3 costs a bit more than the M6 LED.
So, the choice is dependent on brightness and price!

nolight

Newly Enlightened
T3 is for outdoor, or when you need to shine at something far away, using it indoor is ridiculously annoying, no spill to speak of whatsoever(well, maybe as much as an average-driven 5mm LED)

but i do love mine nonetheless /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ratso

Enlightened
For general around the house use, the M6's reflector casts a more versatile beam. The side spill is good for navigating a dark room or close up use, while the main beam is still very tight and far throwing.