My Quantum 3 died

Hookd_On_Photons

Enlightened
My 3-year old son loves flashlights. He especially loves my Nuwai Q-III.

Last night I let him play with it. He threw it down onto the floor, and it stopped working.

The battery is OK. I checked the switch assembly in the tail, and it seems to be OK. I looked into the bezel and the emitter seems to be intact. I don't hear any ominous rattles when I shake the light. I don't have a strap wrench, so I haven't disassembled the head to have a look inside. It doesn't really matter though, because I have no soldering skills anyway.

Fixing the Q-III probably won't be a big deal. I was thinking of contacting one of the modders who frequent CPF to upgrade it anyway. (Silver lining: now I have an excuse to actually do it!)

One of the advantages of LED flashlights is durability. In the Q-III's defense, it's withstood several drops onto tile and concrete floors without malfunctioning. This is the first time I've ever had an LED flashlight fail in this manner.

Mark2

Enlightened
What Pelican prints in bold red letters at the end of their lifetime guarantee declaration:

<font color="red">"The above guarantee does not cover shark bite, bear attack or children under 5."</font>

I always liked that!

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
first of all you can try if the switch works with a DMM

if yes the problem is in the head

you must heat up the body at more than 100° celsius for about 5 minutes

then you can screw down the head from the body

now you can check the circuit and the wires if there are all ok

red_robby

Enlightened
i belive your Q3 is still ok, i happen to put mine in the wash(it was in my work pants)then in the dryer...
when i took it out of the dryer it didn't work(surprise, surprise)i then looked at the battery and it was not looking so great.
when i got home from the laundermat i opened it up and the problem was the thin copper washer right under the driver board, it got pressed down from all the banging around in the hot dryer and wasn't making the negative contact anymore.
i just bent the washer a little and put it back together, it works...