Are m*gs cheaper in Canada?

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Title says it all. I am going on a trip to Niagra Falls soon, and was wondering what "good buys" I should be on the lookout for.

I was thinking of getting a 6D mag, just to have cheap, 114 lummens, and a club.

Would the prices be better up there?

Are there any other must-haves?

Thanks

SS

Mrd 74

Enlightened
I doubt it,Niagara Falls is a tourist trap.Nothing's inexpensive there but it's all "cheap". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Techmedic

Enlightened
I will second Photon boy's comments. Excellent advice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

...except you are looking to buy a mag... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

Enjoy Canada!

PJ

Enlightened
Mag 2C cells are $ 12.50 canadian at Radio Shack on their website. If you go to www.radioshack.ca you can find a store locator and search their inventory. Here is their product number:
617-852
----------------------------------------------------------
I ran the "find in local store" for 6 RS stores in Windsor,Ontario and all showed as being sold out. Maybe you could order them from the website and pick them up if there is a RS store in Niagara Falls.

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
StainlessSteel, IF:
- you DO want a Mag 2 C;
- Canadian Tire is still selling them at $12.50 Canadian via the Internet;
- you are willing to pay the shipping costs (from CT to me, then me to you);
- you can pay via PP (non-CC);
- you trust me
I will order you 1, or 2 if you want (I will also order something cheap to get for myself so I get the free shipping from CT to me), and ship them to you.

Buy your self a pair of KPR112 bulbs, find an old garden hose to cut a chunk (or 2) to make a (2) spacer(s) for your light(s), find a (2) set of carriage bolt(s), nut(s) and washer(s) to make an (a pair of) extender(s), buy at least 3 x 123A disposable lithium batteries (I think Battery Station can help you out!) or at least 2 x Pila 150A rechargeable cells and a Pila charger (jsburlys.com might be able to scrounge you up a set!) and you are good to go!

If you really want to go nuts, order a (2) 52.1 mm UCL from flashlightlens.com and see if another CPF member has an extra FM-2 MOP reflector (or 2) they are willing to sell you.

EDIT - I just jumped over to canadiantire.ca - the Mag 2 C is now $28.99 Canadian, and the 2 D $29.99. I forgot to check whether or not the free shipping for orders > $25 is still being offered or not. Otherwise, my offer to order, ship and be paid per above still stands. For the 2 D, you would need a chunk of split foam rubber insulation tubing for water pipes, instead of the garden hose.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
thank you. I really appreciate your kindness. I was lookin' into the 6D just cause I wanted a club first, and a flashlight second. No law 'gainst carrying a "flashlight" where i come from /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

things tend to "happen" where i live in the dark, and a 6D provides both light to see, and an "attitude re-adjustment tool" .

thanks again for the help.

SS

[ QUOTE ]
PeteBroccolo said:
StainlessSteel, IF:
- you DO want a Mag 2 C;
- Canadian Tire is still selling them at $12.50 Canadian via the Internet;
- you are willing to pay the shipping costs (from CT to me, then me to you);
- you can pay via PP (non-CC);
- you trust me
I will order you 1, or 2 if you want (I will also order something cheap to get for myself so I get the free shipping from CT to me), and ship them to you.

Buy your self a pair of KPR112 bulbs, find an old garden hose to cut a chunk (or 2) to make a (2) spacer(s) for your light(s), find a (2) set of carriage bolt(s), nut(s) and washer(s) to make an (a pair of) extender(s), buy at least 3 x 123A disposable lithium batteries (I think Battery Station can help you out!) or at least 2 x Pila 150A rechargeable cells and a Pila charger (jsburlys.com might be able to scrounge you up a set!) and you are good to go!

If you really want to go nuts, order a (2) 52.1 mm UCL from flashlightlens.com and see if another CPF member has an extra FM-2 MOP reflector (or 2) they are willing to sell you.

[/ QUOTE ]

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
No problem. No law here either against large flashlights, but if such items or anything else are used as a weapon, offensive or defensive, then it is judged on a case-by-case basis.

FYI, I was just at a local hardware store (Home Hardware, for Canucks) and they have Mag 2 C in stock for $29.99. If anyone in the USA wants 1, or more, I would buy them, but have to charge 14% sales tax plus the shipping from me to you.

Lionhill

Newly Enlightened
Peter - perhaps you could comment further on defensive flashlights in Canada. I have seen ASPs (telescoping metal batons) with LED lights at the end. A friend in the VPD uses one (21") with great success in close quarter dealings with perps. Is it legal for a citizen to own and carry one (concealed) as a self defense tool? I suppose it is no less lethal than a 6 cell mag lite.

Lionhill