Led-Lenser V10 luxeon

BayMoe

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have this light? I saw it over at Le Baron (thanks to wasabe) for $38 CAD. Seems like a nice little light, but the use of 3*AAAA batteries, I really question it's battery life with that 1watter.
7734.jpg

link only for specs
V10

idleprocess

Flashaholic
That's not too bad a price for a LED-Lenser light. I'm sure it's a "sleeper" light relative to its size.

Battery life is apt to be unspectacular. AAAAs are rated 625mAh so ideally it will do a bit less than 2 hours @ 350mA, but that ignores the realities of internal resistance and LED-Lenser's traditional lack of resistors and regulation.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
It is beautiful, but that's it.

There are *some* disadvantages to this unit:
- not watertight
- not grippy ... and even with dry hands quite difficult to turn the head ... and you have to screw it out to activate the light
- no lens, just the bare optic
- not regulated
- AAAA batteries are not axactly chep nor common and aren't the best performers for a luxeon either
- no lanyard attachment

Some good points though:
- Stainless steel construction, if you like that
- tailstand
- relatively bright for a little light, at least initially
- Mine uses a Fraen LP for a focussed beam, if you like that
- battery holder is cute /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In the end ... I wouldn't buy it. It won't be useful.

If you absolutely must own this design ... not that I wouldn't understand such an unreasonable action /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ... there is a triplex version with 3x5mm LEDs that might be more reasonable:

ll_v10_series.jpg

bernhard

BayMoe

Newly Enlightened
Hey Kiessling, can you take a picture of the unit with it's head/bezel off? Do you think it'd be a easy unit to mod a Badboy sandwich into it and would a single 123 cell fit?

Alex

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Sorry, don't have the time right now (must sleep and then work a 28h shift /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif ), but yes, a CR123 easily fits and there is plenty room for a sandwich. So, a skilled person could integrate one, but looking at the price total you can have a modded ArcLS or a FireFly for not much more ....
bernhard

BayMoe

Newly Enlightened
Hey, no problem!
Glad to hear a 123 cell fits in there, nice.
As to your suggestion about the Arc and FF, I really prefer the look of stainless steel.

Alex