• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Mods & more. All sold as of 2/17, more coming.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gathering funds for new mods. Some of these I'll miss, and have come in handy, but so is life. I have put lots of time in these mods, over-engineering them more than was needed probably.
Prices are shipped 1st class in cont 48 states US unless stated otherwise. I take any kind of PayPal CC OK.
Send PP to (remove spaces,etc): isaac hayes (at) m c h s i.com

First come, First Serve. Post in this thread if you want said items. Save PM for questions only, or Post here prefered. More items will be added later.

1) $30 Dorcy 1AA w/Q3J MM reflector. Some artifacts (bubbled luxeon). See description a).SOLD!
2) $65 5W Green in 2D Pewter Mag. See description b). Ships Priority Mail SOLD!
3) $36 Lot of (3) Q3J 1W Stars. Un-Used, Perfect tint!SOLD!
4)... Soon to be added
5)... Soon to be added. stay tuned... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--------------
Descriptions:
--------------
a). Dorcy 1aa with MiniMag reflector. Luxeon is on aluminum heatsink in the body with direct solder connections to the circuit board. Head is glued with a tiny bit of adheasive keeping it at optimal focus. Lens is stock dorcy(has scratches). The luxeon has a bubble and thus causes a few artifacts you'll notice if used on a blank wall. I used it camping one night and forgot they were there. Was very handy, and you can hang it from the middle of a tent for a great tent light. Beam has hotspot and lots of sidespill.
Dorcy body is like new condition and I have done the tail cap switch mod to make it flicker free and smooth operating.
dorcy1aabeamshot.jpg

b). 5W Green V2T luxeon in Pewter 2D Mag. Includes 6AA battery holder adapted to be a drop in carrier. Light was assembled with .5ohm 5W resistor and direct solder connections to the switch/luxeon. Safe for any AA (alkaline, lithium, NiMH). Light pulls around 700ma on either alkaline or NiMH with steady output on the later. Shining it on a wall at close range with the lights on will result in pain to the eyes!! Uses stock reflector and can focus to tighest beam and past. Heatsink is non-removable. It comes with the spiffy label (laminated, and held on by clear packing tape) which states 505nm which is incorrect but still cool. Color is a true green (not yellow-green, or traffic light blue-green) and is a light-weight attention getting dazzler!
5wgreen1.jpg

5wgreen2.jpg

-----------------------------------
Thanks 'fer look'n! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

gl22man

Enlightened
Re: FS: Mods, luxeons, etc! More to be added.

Could you post some beam shots of the mag please
how bright is this compared to a white tint luxeon??
Mike...

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love the yellow warning sticker. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

gl22man: sure no problem. I only have beamshots of it when it was running at 130ma, but it was still bright enough to overload the camera I borrowed. Only way to see what the beam looked like was to take a photo of a ceiling light with it. Oh well here we go:

ceilinggreen.jpg
5wgreenrobeams.jpg

I measured 500ma to it right now and 640ma to the white luxIII I have. The green beam easts the white in my room. Down the hall you can start to see the white. The beam on a 5w isn't quite as tight as a luxIII. There is a tiny darker "hole" in the middle at long distances. You also get a sort of sunflower looking design around the hotspot, kind of makes a smooth transistion to sidespill. Typical of 5W's. It makes more overal lumens though than a LuxIII. Lux @ 1M should be ~15,000.

koala: Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gl22man

Enlightened

ahh what the heck, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/takeit.gif the 2) $65 5W Green in 2D Pewter Mag. See description b). Ships Priority Mail.
Do you take credit card paypal??
Mike....

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yup. Sure do, they charge me all the same. Send PP to (remove spaces,etc): isaac hayes (at) m c h s i.com

PM me your mailing address and I'll get it ready for shipment tommorow after I receive PP.

gl22man

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif thanks. by the way what batts. will this light run the best on??
Mike.....

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

NiMH does just great. I found it stays at high brightness for a long time before you notice it drops down. If you use alkalines, it will be bright, but then dim from there quite rapidly until they die. NiMH has a much flatter discharge curve, and it's cheaper in the long run!

Also this is a colored LuxV, so it doesn't have the short life span that the white LuxV's have if that's of any interest! heh.

gl22man

Enlightened

so if the beam shots are showing it running at only 130ma then at 500ma it must be pretty darn bright,eh..how would this thing run on lithium batts.? would they make it brighter?
Mike.....

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

[ QUOTE ]
...Includes 6AA battery holder adapted to be a drop in carrier...

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does one find such a thing??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
TIA

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

gl22man: yes the beamshots were at 130ma and it still shows up against ceiling lighting. It's very bright at 500ma. Even brighter at 700ma+. Lithiums would be great, probably run it at more than 700ma (which is fine). I'd not exceed 1.5amps but I doubt you'll ever get that high. I never tried lithiums because they are expensive. They should give brighter, and longer runtime than alkalines.

UncleFester: I bought it from Elektrolumens back in the day. I had to mod it to have a pos button and flat negative, but easy to do. Lambda I belive might have some of the same holders and he has modded and used them before. IMO it's easier to load up than 2 of the 3toD holders, and more durable. You might want to ask lambda, or see if Wayne at EL' could order more of them. These were used a lot back in the day when 5W's just came out.

bwaites: Jefferson City. ~25mins from Columbia.

gl22man

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
IsaacHayes said:
gl22man: yes the beamshots were at 130ma and it still shows up against ceiling lighting. It's very bright at 500ma. Even brighter at 700ma+. Lithiums would be great, probably run it at more than 700ma (which is fine). I'd not exceed 1.5amps but I doubt you'll ever get that high. I never tried lithiums because they are expensive. They should give brighter, and longer runtime than alkalines.

sweet can't wait...
Mike...

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey, I live in Jeff City too!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

BLG: no kidding? Cool! We should meet up sometime with all our lights and light up the city! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't have a whole lot yet, but they are unique. None of them fancy SF's you got. I'm thinking about getting a Thor though! heh.
Orion lives in MO too, not too terribly far, I think in KC?

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

that would be cool...I don't have a Thor, but I have a Dorcy 3mil CP spotlight that is sweet!

paulzero

Newly Enlightened

Hi Isaac..if the Dorcy is still available, I'de like it.

Thanks...paulzero /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dorcy 1AA Sold! Thanks paulzero!

Q3J's price reduced. $36 shipped in US.
More mods to be added soon; I'm so busy argh!

moeman

Enlightened

Hey Isaac, could i get a pic of the Q3J?
btw im in St Louis...
haven't modded much, yet...
chris